2015 Campbell River Reports

Totally long arming it. Compare the fingers to the face. No one has fingers that thick. My guess is 15lbs. TF

Certainly a nice fish, I call 21 - 24lb but hey we all know the best stories are fishing stories. I'm sure we have all started out with a 24 on the water then by the time we hit the dock it was a 28 then the following year it was a 30 two years later it's a 35 lol. Fishin tails I love them! My favorite ones are the fish that was beside the boat that got away their always the biggest :D

You may have to exagerate about the size of fish you catch in "U-Puke-A-Lot", but in Campbell River, THE SALMON FISHING CAPITOL OF THE WORLD, we have pictures.

Never lol call them what they are :D if your ever fished in Ukee during the summer months everyday is a great day. All I will say is if you ever fish out this way you won't want to fish anywhere else that's a guarantee :) Although the flat calm seas are pretty sweet in Campbell River. Have an uncle that lives and fishes in Campbell River for over 30 years and it's great for small boats but when the photo album comes out and we compare photos and notes there is no comparison in productivity and poundage caught each day overall. Who pukes? Gravol patch for flat landers and there of to the races. Certainly back in the day Campbell River had that name but since then roads have been put in leading to the west coast I do believe that title has been striped by many West Coast locations.

Anyhow good photo and great reports neat to see what's going on around the island.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
You may have to exagerate about the size of fish you catch in "U-Puke-A-Lot", but in Campbell River, THE SALMON FISHING CAPITOL OF THE WORLD, we have pictures.

Wow! I hope you are joking. This post reminds me of the Edmonton Oilers hockey fans that still call their city the "City of Champions" even though their glory years were a long time behind them

No reason to exaggerate the weight of the fish. I didn't catch it. The young guy from Alberta on his second only salmon fishing trip caught it. Check out the smile. Last year we took him out and he reeled in all eight springs that we hooked. I think the largest was around 12 lbs. This year he reeled a 14, a 31 and 8 pink. Not sure what is in store for him next year. Someone mentioned it looks like a long fish. It definitely was, but I never thought about measuring it. I guess next time I should for all the doubters. Anyway, thanks again to Crabby Chris for showing us where to fish. Cheers all.

No reason to exaggerate the weight of the fish. I didn't catch it. The young guy from Alberta on his second only salmon fishing trip caught it. Check out the smile. Last year we took him out and he reeled in all eight springs that we hooked. I think the largest was around 12 lbs. This year he reeled a 14, a 31 and 8 pink. Not sure what is in store for him next year. Someone mentioned it looks like a long fish. It definitely was, but I never thought about measuring it. I guess next time I should for all the doubters. Anyway, thanks again to Crabby Chris for showing us where to fish. Cheers all.
Yes definitely a nice fish and congrats to the young man

any recent reports? Green can, hump, Browns Bay....? Not really interested in pinks, looking for springs, not sure which direction to go....
thanks

any recent reports? Green can, hump, Browns Bay....? Not really interested in pinks, looking for springs, not sure which direction to go....
thanks

Was up at Chatham and Greensea on Sunday morning. Landed a small red spring around 12 lbs. Had bbq plans that night so I kept a large pink as well. But what I couldn't get over was how many fish we lost. We seriously lost over 20 fish. I run sticky sharp Gammys. We finally hooked up, and subsequently released a beauty sockeye. come to think of it, we landed all species but chum. Then I started concluding we were tearing the hooks out of the sockeyes mouths. Moved over to Greensea, and the same thing. Loss after loss after loss. Super frustrating. Me and my partner are accomplished fishermen, and we both couldn't believe how many fish we long distance released. We were fishing in about 110 feet of water, which seems a tad deep for sockeye, but then again it was mid day. Anchovies outfished my chartreuse splatterback hootchie.

Wow! I hope you are joking. This post reminds me of the Edmonton Oilers hockey fans that still call their city the "City of Champions" even though their glory years were a long time behind them

An often misinterpreted city moniker. Comes from way back when the Edmonton area was torn apart by tornados and other natural disasters one after the other. The community all came together to help out or rather 'Champion the cause of relief and rebuilding'. So, before the oilers and Eskimos went on their winning runs it was already known as 'The City of Champions'.

Back