2014 Yamaha 75hp trim creeps down under load.

Dr. Reelgood

Title says it all. I’ll get my trim all set and when I’m under way the engine will slowly slowly creep down until it’s bottomed I’ll trim it up again and same happens. Tried bleeding, no change. Pretty sure there’s an o ring in there somewhere not doing its job but???? Any body have a miracle cure? lol

If it isn't loosing fluid (which would be a ram seal) then it could be a sticking/worn hydraulic part releasing pressure. My kicker would pop upward in reverse and this was the case for that problem as well. The tilt units are very easy to remove from the leg on all engine sizes...check youtube. I removed mine and took it down to SG Power and they fixed it...I then re-installed it. Save a few dollars and the hassle of taking the boat down there.

Yeah I knew it but was kinda hoping. Anyone know if I can run down to the local auto parts store and buy off the shelf o rings or does yamaha use size specific one’s?

Likely they use standard o-ring sizes but material can be a challenge to figure out I would order the Yamaha original. I ordered all my Yamaha parts from https://www.boats.net/ They have all the exploded view drawings just search for you model year and you can pick the parts. I bet Yamaha even has a trim cylinder rebuild kit... Don't forget you will likely need there special 2 pin tool to open the cylinder, or make your own.

Back