2014 SFBC Fishing Derby Winners

Fish Assassin

Crew Member
At this time SFBC and myself would like to congratulate our 5 winners of the 2014 SFBC Fishing Derby. We would also like to thank all of our wonderful sponsors that have donated some excellent prizes, as well as great big thank you to all those that participated and helped out along the way.

With Verified Catches

1[SUP]st[/SUP] Place 39.5lb Chinook Wade McMeeken (Bushwackin)
2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Place 34.25lb Chinook Derek Honigman (Fish ****)
3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Place 29.5lb Chinook Bill Korossis (BBB)

1[SUP]st[/SUP] Place Child 0-8 years of age with a 3.5lb Coho Avery Lewis 4 years of age. (JLewis's daughter)
1[SUP]st[/SUP] Place Child 9-12 years of age with a 23.25lb Chinook Jessica Barnes 11 years of age. (Fish Assassin's daughter)

On September 27 2014, 12 noon in Nanaimo at Bowen Park these folks will be recognized for their catches at the awards wrap up/BBQ.

Please come out and join us, everyone is welcome. There will be a by donation BBQ, 50/50 draw and raffle with all proceeds going to the 2014 SFBC Derby recipient, Little River Enhancement Society.

There will be many prizes and donated items given to the participants of the 2014 SFBC Derby. Bring your friends, family and neighbors and enjoy an afternoon in the park with other SFBC members while we all congratulate the winners and other participants that made this derby such a success.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done gentlemen, and Misses.

FA, who are these guys?
Do they have handles they use on the forum, which, for most of us, would be more recognizable than their real names.

Thanks

Man, I so wanted my 12 year old daughter to get a decent fish to weigh in and she had her chances but, she played some and lost them. I didn't help her, I let her learn like my dad did with me. That's fishing though. I'm proud of this girl beyond words to describe. She learned a lot this summer without landing a nice fish, often those are the best lessons.

Next year. :)

And thank you to fish assassin for taking care of this. Well done!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done gentlemen, and Misses.

FA, who are these guys?
Do they have handles they use on the forum, which, for most of us, would be more recognizable than their real names.

Thanks

The thing is they aren't well known. In fact Derek the second place winner has never even posted and has a very similar name as a well known member. But I'll update or repost and you'll see why I thought maybe posting their actual names was better.

Congrats to all the winners! Also a big thank you to FA for all the work organizing everything. Great job!!

Back