2014 Seattle Boat Show

Sculpin

Who's going?

Tidal Chaos and myself will be heading down and spending most of the day there on the 25th.

If anyone wants to hook up for lunch again that would be cool.

Cheers,
John

Is it really that much better than the Vancouver show? Look, I love looking a boats anytime or place, but, want to make sure its really worth the drive.

Is it really that much better than the Vancouver show? Look, I love looking a boats anytime or place, but, want to make sure its really worth the drive.

YES it is that much better than the Vancouver Show :).

Last edited by a moderator:
How about pricing on things like ducers, I was hoping to pickup a 1kw for a decent price at Vancouver,
Would it be worth the drive down?
Always just went to the Vancouver one but may make an overnight trip of it with the wife

Who's going?

Tidal Chaos and myself will be heading down and spending most of the day there on the 25th.

If anyone wants to hook up for lunch again that would be cool.

Cheers,
John

John

Please take lots of picts, I will need my winter fix and have always enjoyed that show, especially the new boats and the rich and fancy boats at the floating show.

Have fun you lucky bugger!!!

Cheers

SS

Told ya--- dont sell your boat!!!!! But you had more important things to do----like buying a house :)

btw-- how is the ice fishing going??? LOL

I am going to take the ferry over from Bainbridge and will do the opening day of the show. usually takes me 4-5 hours to see most everything and have time to chat with vendors. if the weather cooperates, the floating show is worth while. if its raining, forget it. look for the guy in the red cap with REELFAST stitched on. if you are interested in specific products, particularly electronic stuff, best to get there when the doors open and head up the stairs immediately as after an hour or two you won't be able to carry on conversations with the vendors, gets real busy real fast. there are usually, but not always, boat show pricing on more common items.

Can't make it this year--have fun boys and have a beer for me at Elysian.
T2

So on what date will the most SFBC'ers be there? We can do another lunch (or dinner) get together at a bar near there. The Elysian Brewery was fun last year and I'd be happy to make arrangements and meet some guys there again.

Hey if anyone sees any screaming deals on LED lights for my new Tower or aluminum rod holders (bolt on style) I would appreciate the mfg name , Thanks !

Clint
PS ; if anyone is looking for a great deal on an Atlantic Tower and is going to the Seattle show, let me know I might be able to get you into a great deal that was offered to me ( but I couldn't get anyone to go with me to pick it up, so I had to pass on it, so I bought on and had it shipped) .
If interested, and the deals still available I was offered $200 buck off (so $1049) , 2 free flood
lights and 2 tickets to the show.
You just have to pay them $1049 and pick it up the last day of the show. O ya its the 68-84" Aluminum , Schedule 40 marine grade - 1.9 OD Aluminum tower model.

http://www.atlantictowers.com/products_fishing_arch.php

Sorry for Hijack but just wanted to pass on a potential deal to a fellow SFBC fisherperson !

Told ya--- dont sell your boat!!!!! But you had more important things to do----like buying a house :)

btw-- how is the ice fishing going??? LOL

Yup, to live up here you need at least $400,000+ plus a down payment. The sale of the boat did help.....and Charlie lake is not a lake for the Hewes.

What ice fishing.....been so damn busy shoveling snow that I have barely have any time to chase elk. We have had 182 cm (a little over 6 feet of snow) since Nov 01 and 132 cm in December alone.....But hey, still do not miss the rain;):p

Cheers

SS

Yup, to live up here you need at least $400,000+ plus a down payment. The sale of the boat did help.....and Charlie lake is not a lake for the Hewes.

What ice fishing.....been so damn busy shoveling snow that I have barely have any time to chase elk. We have had 182 cm (a little over 6 feet of snow) since Nov 01 and 132 cm in December alone.....But hey, still do not miss the rain;):p

Cheers

SS

Ya-- I am getting reports from Dawson Creek as well. Gotta be tough to live in the north woods!!!! ( or run away screaming like a girl!!!...... that be me--- no minus 35 for this wet coast boy!!!!!) ;-)
Cheers
Bryan

Is this the first year, or first year in a while, that Seattle and Vancouver overlap? Its the first I remember, but haven't been going to the Seattle show as long as I've been going to the Van show.

Washington Sportsmans Show same dates as the Van boat show as well.

Wonder how that will impact Boat vendors?

Some vendors are cancelling the Van show in favor on the Washington Sportsman Show. I know one for sure.

Anyone from the island interested in going down to Seattle? Carpool? I will cover the vehicle cost on the ferry. I will even drive as I am still not drinking.

Van Boat show and Sportsmans show start tomorrow. Anyone counting the hours?

Free ferry from Granville Island to BC place (plaza) is a nice alternative to the shuttle bus.

Back