2014 Hunting Season

River Rat

I haven't been participating on this forum this year, as I haven't been fishing at all. I can post something about hunting though.
I had success on my first bear hunt.
I had success Sept 2 in Alberta, day 2 of archery season.
Hopefully....I will have success in BC for archery whitetail, as I have permission to bow hunt on a friend's property, and game cams have been quite promising.
I hope everyone has had a fishing season thus far, and everyone has been doing well.

Attachments

• bear1.jpg
    bear1.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 960
  • mule2.jpg
    mule2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 925
  • buck3 - Copy.JPG
    buck3 - Copy.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 923
I should also add, that I had the pleasure of watching my brother shoot his first archery deer. It was cranker! We managed to get within 30 yards of 2 bucks bedded down. When they stood up...he took the larger of the two.

Attachments

• 30yards.jpg
    30yards.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 896
  • robmule.jpg
    robmule.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 897
Last edited by a moderator:
are the pictures not showing. 130 visits and no comments. I had that happen before, but I was told the images weren't showing.

Nice bucks....saw yours on HBC. ;)

That blackie has one heck of a noggin on him! Was that a spring bear?

Very nice shots! Love the one lying in the grass. Shot a pair of bull moose with my old man just the same spotted one antler sticking up in some really tall grass. Then up jumps 2 big bulls!

Hope you have some more pics to add in a month or 2.

Cheers KK

Nice pics, good pumpkin head bear. My boats cleaned and away, no more salt fishing. I am getting excited, leave Friday for 6 weeks, moose, caribou way up North, then down South looking for the lifetime canyon LEH sheep tag. Only fishing now will be trout for dinner. Have not slept good in 2 nights, only 3 more sleeps until the 2 day drive starts. Can't wait, feel like a kid Xmas eve.

HM

That is one nice sized bear. I'm starting to get the itch for hunting season, just a few more weeks of fishing first and then I'll be heading into the interior with the dog for a week or two.

And yesterday.... We got my brother's son in law to 40 yards , from a buck that had bedded down. He made a great shot. His first big game ever, and with a bow he'd only been shooting a few months.
75579764ce67d6f80a24fdc8ef35558d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a dandy! impressive for a first! That's almost like a Tyee on a fly rod for your first Chinook. WOW

Congrats KK

Was out hunting all weekend still no elk in the cooler!! Keep on working for it

Nephew just smoked a cranker 4 by 6 with stickers, today. Dragging it OMG. Two of us ... 300 yards to truck, through standing canola field. phew! Was glad he was able to get a nice buck. He did all the preseason scouting, and was able to get his dad, his brother in law, me, and himself, into some nice mulie bucks.
Derek.jpg

How much meat is on a deer like that? Anyone have a picture of a nice size deer all butchered up?

I'm thinking a picture of all the steaks/roasts etc will help me understand more then X pounds.

About 75 lbs of meat, all deboned.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is definitely some healthy genetics in those deer. Do you think some of them were relatives from the same group Like brothers? Were they shot in a close area or each one far apart? Not trying to be picky just some times when I go moose hunting up north I see groups of bucks 5-7 in a group and they usually range in size. Family or just friends?

KK

All four deer were shot on different farms. My nephew can identify each individual deer. He has noticed a similar crab claw antler on many. None of the deer we shot had that feature. Seers #2 and #4 were unique. Deer #3 was a smaller version of deer #1. They were 2 miles apart.

Just got back from Moose hunting group got 3 moose in 2 days and I got a cranker will post pics soon...

Wolf

Love the pic of the bucks in the wheat field... Looks like an episode with Cody.
Right on man nice season so far

Back