2014 Fall /Winter and 2015 Spring boat projects

Maybe I should grab some beer and come help you un pack it???

Giver man. I'm here for a long while. These seats are not light lol. I could use a hand :cool:. Tell the old lady you went out for a rip lol ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the tig Rod holders. I'll make some for brazing Rod. Thay always lose the flux it seems. How big an air pump and tank for the seat?

Alberinifisher in the new passenger seat.........(don't take it seriously BGM). LOL.

The new helm seat in place.

I still have to get some "shark" fittings for the final install.
Bostrom Wide Ride truck seat.

Cheers,
John

That's the only part of the sculpin that you want cushy, the rest she's all business.
Only a two beer install that's pretty quick for you guys, lol.

My surge brake receiver received a nasty blow from someone (not me) from the side at a 90 degree angle and bent it. I had to replace it recently.

FA poured me some lead in a bread loaf pan for my new Bauer traps. I cut them in half with a band saw and drilled a couple of holes on them for zap strapping to the bottom of the center bait tunnel.

Zap strapped in place.

Continued...

My exterior lighting has received a major overhaul.

Here is a new waterproof switch panel installed by the HC guy's. The rain drip cap installed by my guys.

New back deck lights replaced on warranty. They are not mounted properly right now and the picture shows it. (Working on the mounts).

New side docking lights installed. Nice to see the dock when landing by yourself at night and steering from the rear controls. They are pointed down quite a ways as to not blind anyone helping me dock that could be standing on the dock.

New stern underwater lights installed. I really want to post up some shots once in the water but these will have to do for now.

Now for the new spot light. I had a Rigid Industries 4 led light up there last year and it worked for docking etc., but it was fixed in position. I always wanted a real search light up front and decided to go with an ACR http://www.acrartex.com/products/catalog/searchlights/rcl-75-searchlight/#sthash.BgkCClva.dpbs.

Mounted the controller in a place that wouldn't impede the handling while sitting at the helm or standing.

Here is a short video of the light in action (click on the picture).

All lit up like a Christmas tree lol!!!

Cheers,
John

Another Saturday night staying out of trouble lol! (Albernifisher didn't come over this time;)).

I didn't know the Sculpin could be any more a serious fishing vessel than it is....

more awesome work John!!

I didn't know the Sculpin could be any more a serious fishing vessel than it is....

more awesome work John!!

Thanks buddy. Sorry to hear about your recent troubles.

Always room for improvement man. I've thinking about saddle tanks for extra fuel now. We will see. As long as she doesn't give me any negative feed back then I'm rolling with it. I think she is loving it right now!!!

Killer light, I have been looking at doing one of those for a while, thx for the link

What are you using for a compressor to supply those chairs? They look comfy!!

Alberinifisher in the new passenger seat.........(don't take it seriously BGM). LOL.

The new helm seat in place.

I still have to get some "shark" fittings for the final install.
Bostrom Wide Ride truck seat.

Cheers,
John

Remote kicker controls on transom.

baystar kit with custom wheel and flex hoses. and merc throttle/gear shifter on transom. haven't water tested yet but works like a champ in the driveway.

-Custom Alum hard top under construction and pics to follow..
-Also adding multifunction display with radar and AIS.( have to decide between a simrad setup or Lowrance)

more pics to come.IMG_1352.jpg

Back