2014 ECVI Nanoose Bay, French Creek Reports

I have been prawning in the same spot for fifteen years and lost a few traps but this is crazy. If I ever caught a guy lifting my traps I probably wouldn't be as nice I also know sometimes they turn up, Im gonna go out again tomorrow for another look. You get way more prawns if you leave them over night, a short soak doesn't always work that well. If it is a thief I hope he gets caught then things will get back to normal but I have lost three sets of my own traps and a set of a friends traps I borrowed in three months and I have just had enough. Besides trolling is a lot less work and way more fun. Thanks for the advice and I know you're not trying to be a jerk.........BRS

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about your bad news. But.... I have to agree with Cuba I always troll around close to my traps. The season is short and there is lots of time to chase Salmon. And have had no problems getting good numbers on one hour soaks.

Had a great day on the water with Big Red Snapper on his boat today out at Ballenas. Weather was relatively calm, saw lots of bait and managed two nice springs. We each got one but BRS won the derby. Estimated weights 11 & 14 :) My fish on blue silver coyote at 180 and Greg's on the Irish Creme at 160'.

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 687
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 685
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 687
I was right, trolling is more fun than prawning. Thanks for coming out MRWood, it was a good day. I thought a seal grabbed my fish when he took off, came out of the water and went crazy before I got him turned around and then the hook came out in the net.lots of bait around right now let's hope the fish stick around...............BRS

Back