2013 Tyee's

Finished Business

Did a 30+ lb salmon hit your decks this year? Post it up! A few details of your catch would be great. Location caught? the lucky lure?...ect

Although it was not my catch (closest I came was a 27 lb), a good buddy landed this Rivers monster right next to me, so that was as close as I came to a Tyee this year...

55 lb Doe, Aug 2013, Rivers Inlet - Cut plug @ 14'

Here is mine, 31.8lbs caught South Arm just in front of of the light house. Lucky lure was Green glow flasher with UV teaser head.

12 tyees hit my deck this year lost a few more. Biggest was my 14 year old nephew at 33lbs wrapped around 2 riggers , I had to chase a bit at Duval cause I didn't wana tangle with other boats. In front Wade (Bear Cove) who's boat gave my little buddy a round of applause. The other boat dragging it a bit didn't help the fight . A few buddies got there first tyees to with me this year.

Best flasher teaser combo was purple onion flasher and rainbow glow teaser.

Cheers

This is definitely a PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN thread so post it up CCB :D

3 for my boat this year :)
fish.jpg

This one was out sherrringham way on bait at 40 ' in 70 ' of water. 32 lbs

rico1.JPG

Rockdogs 34, bait, 55' in 85' of water, out west again

Picture 012.jpg

lastly the dead sea tyee. caught in april @ mckenzie bight, solo and no net. mint tulip. I think 120' in 180'

Five for Spring Fever II-nothing over 33 this year-3 at Nootka and 2 at Winter Harbour

Attachments

• DSC01178.jpg
    DSC01178.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 783
  • IMG_0063.JPG
    IMG_0063.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 779
  • IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 776
  • IMG_0016 (1).jpg
    IMG_0016 (1).jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 761
0 for me but that's standard.

That fish from the inlet has my vote for fish of the year.

Possesion Point, 60 feet in 70 ft. of water, Purple Chrome and a Betsey Flasher. 37 Lbs.

Attachments

• 207.jpg
    207.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 768
Largest guided this year...fought just like the 64 I got a few years ago...I thought it was bigger, especially when I saw it in water and even in net, but only came out to 48lbs...scale doesn't lie I suppose! lol

Attachments

• image (8).jpg
    image (8).jpg
    24 KB · Views: 865
jahezeha.jpg

Wife got her own tyeesha this year .. 3 miles out at the edge.. 30' fishn for coho's . 4 mph lemon lime hootchie with a 6' leader.

IMG_5053.jpg
31 lb caught mid-July, evening fish, East point. Onion flasher with anchovy and cranberry teaser head. My wife helped net it, quite a battle. lol.

50# released from our central coast trip this year.

Nicely done! That's back to back years of huge fish for you! I saw your boat leaving shearwater a few times when I was up there for work.
FYI west coast resorts biggest Milbanke fish was 56 this year and they had far less 40-50s than last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think everyone on the boat felt very fortunate to see another hawg. My buddy josh was the rod man on that one and it was by far his biggest ever, almost lost it as it wrapped our line around another boats downrigger. As ity stands now any fish over mid 30's get released on my boat, so cool to see is swim away for another day. Hopefully it made it through the west coast resorts gauntlet!

I haven't seen a tyee on my boat in 2 years. I must admit seeing these reports makes me feel somewhat jealous. O well perhaps next year. Great work guys congratulations.

h.e.h.

image.jpg

August 21st Walbran Port Renfrew. On anchovy, Purple Onion flasher, green haze head. 7 1/2 ft leader. 32 lbs. it's the biggest fish I have caught to date. Thanks to all for all the advice I have gleaned in the past few years of lurking. Lol.
Caught another 32 in June at effingham island. Great year.

Back