2013 Tuna adventures

Thanks, Istavan. Tuna count was at 37. Only got one pic sent rest and videos with Jason. He should be posting when he gets home. Was a good spot birds there all day. Look for them little guys and you are golden.

Freakin' outstanding reports folks!!!!! Congrats on making it out there.

Did Harper 44 make it out?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did Harper 44 make it out?

Negative. Couldn't keep a crew together. Although I did manage to trick my wife into coming to big bank, maybe I can talk her into Tuna next!

Great work guys! Did you hear about the Dorado taken in Washington on the weekend?

Negative. Couldn't keep a crew together. Although I did manage to trick my wife into coming to big bank, maybe I can talk her into Tuna next!

I'm looking at running out one day next weekend if the water is still good. If your going to be around give me a call and we can buddy boat it out there. Getting your wife out there tuna fishing would be pretty cool:cool:.

I'm booked up with weddings on the 17th and 18th but I was going to try 15th or 16th. I've definitely got a crew for those days. let me know what you think

Dorado wow!

Crazy neat pics Birdnest!

Beauty tunas Don!

If I ever win the lottery I am getting into tuna fishing for sure!

Tunners Aug 4 Hammer Time

wow what a trip, fishing was awesome weather not so much. water was 59 and clear clear blue. my dad and Russ played all but 5 fish maybe. we had a 31lbs and 28lbs in the mix of 37 tunners and the rest were between 18 and 23. had a few tangles with lines but that was because of weather. cant wait for next time. Great crew great times Tails up.. heres a few pics..

Attachments

• 155.jpg
    155.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 661
  • 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 669
  • 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 666
I'll be out in Neah Bay for a week starting this Saturday. Things appear to be shaping up for a tuna run spread across Tues/Wed. E.g. at present, I think I'll go out Tues AM, spend Tues night out there and return Wed. AM. Don't know whether I'll be at Nitinat canyon or JDF canyon but most likely Nitinat. It all depends on whether I get a good Terafin.com image and where it shows the closest warm water. If no good image, I go to Nitinat. I'm hoping for a clear night as the Perseid meteor shower should peak in activity around Tues evening. If anyone wants to buddy boat for an overnight stay, that would influence my choice towards Nitinat.

wow what a trip, fishing was awesome weather not so much. water was 59 and clear clear blue. my dad and Russ played all but 5 fish maybe. we had a 31lbs and 28lbs in the mix of 37 tunners and the rest were between 18 and 23. had a few tangles with lines but that was because of weather. cant wait for next time. Great crew great times Tails up.. heres a few pics..

Looks like you need more dock space, great pictures, waiting for video

Nice Work Kudratz : )

rape n Piiiiii-ledge.. must be the Peechka you keep in ur tub now : ) , i mean cat lololol

fk

Hell yes. You guys rocked it for sure.

Thanks for sharing...........and don't forget to continue sharing, cause I can't get enough of it.........Tuna, tuna and more tuna.

Tomorrow looks like it could be worth giving it a go. Birdsnest?. We just need some updated chloro shots. Weekend weather looks great. Firelight and myself are getting all dialed in to give it a go with Tidal Chaos buddy boating. Probably out to the Louden Canyon but who knows. Saturday or Sunday.

I'd take a pass on tomorrow weather wise but call it fishablein a LARGE boat. Still though it
would be a grind if it blows close to 20 kn. Sunday looks ok. Monday Tuesday looks epic weather wise and from the bits and pieces of the more resent chloro and SST shots, well, it's the best I have seen. It's on boys. IT'S ON NOW!

And Tues/Wed is shaping up to be even better. At present, my plans are for a Tues AM departure from Neah Bay with a Wed AM return. We'll fish tuna in the afternoon/evening, cook a late dinner on the barbie on the boat and hang out and watch the meteors while we jig some bait, try to catch to squid and maybe jig a bit in the dark with a lighted lure. From what I've read, tuna actually spend much more of their time at or near the surface at night than during the day. It might be fun to drag some glow lures around at night to see what we can catch. Again, if anyone wants to buddy boat at Nitinat canyon O/N, let me know.

Back