2013 Consultants Invitational Fishing Derby - July 20 @ the Prestige

Deewar25

New season kicks off after our derby meeting tonight so please take note of the date (yes, we hope we are fishing by then but its on regardless how DFO wants to play out the openings!) As is always the case, anyone willing to be skippers, we are always in the need, and we expect bigger numbers this year and will need more boats. As a skipper, we make sure your basic costs are covered, and we will also give you a free ticket to the event, eligible for all prizes. For you guides out there, we will push everyone to book as soon as possible. If you have any willingness to donate back some of your charter fee from the derby participant, we will recognize you based on sponsorship level and you can be rest assured, every penny of that donation will be going back to enhancement. We will also recognize you on a sponsorship level if you just provide a 'discount' for our participants as well.

We just fired up a facebook page as well here: https://www.facebook.com/ConsultantsInvitationalFishingDerby

please 'like' if you plan on being involved this year and if you can skipper (if you haven't before), you can drop a note here, PM me, or drop your name on our facebook page. Any that have helped in prior years, we will contact you as the need arises. Please consider keeping the date free as long as possible since we find even up to the day before, there are still often last minute scrambles to find a boat.

Want more info? http://www.consultantsinvitational.ca

Addicted, yes, you can have the girls once again....BUT, maybe we should auction them off to the highest bidder??? ha JK

Last edited by a moderator:
Pleased to report officially now our raffle - grand prize is a trip for two, 3 full days chartered fishing, 3 nights, at Nootka Sound Resort (their floating lodge). Food and deluxe room c/w 2 queens is included (retail $5700). Take note also, that they run a great derby themselves with proceeds going to Nootka Sound Watershed Society (same organization we also donated to last year). You can check out the details here: http://nootkasoundresort.com/salmon-derby-2013/
2nd Prize, FlightCentre is back again and have donated a $1000 travel voucher for anything towards your trip - flights, accommodation, car rental etc.
3rd Prize, 51" HD Plasma Samung TV CW wall mount - retail $900

Tickets can be bought at the pre-party and the event itself.

As the general prizes start coming in, I will be updating on our facebook page accordingly. If you are attending, please like our page and follow along for up to date information https://www.facebook.com/ConsultantsInvitationalFishingDerby

hey Pack, didn't realize you hadn't been contacted til now so hopefully you are able to get out there again and help this year - and I quote 'I do have a boat load of girls that are ready to party'...... :p

Oh, there is at least a dozen if not even around 20 or so from the forum here. Me included. Some have been the backbone of this forum here for years.

See you there!
I am moored at Cheanuh... just wondering if there is a spot to pull in near the Prestige to weigh in fish between 1:30 and 2pm before take the boat back to its spot? We look forward to this derby.
Thanks!

I suggest you call Jocks Dock or the Sooke Harbour Marina and see if you can temporarily park there somewhere. Or you go back to Cheanuh and then just drive your car over to the Prestige. Don't leave your boat at the Prestige boat ramp dock! See you next week!

Thanks
Won't be launching at the gong show ramp. Rather run the extra bit from SS. Better for my anger management = )
Just need to park for event.

Wonder if that dial a driver that drives your vehicle home can trailer a boat?

Thanks
Won't be launching at the gong show ramp. Rather run the extra bit from SS. Better for my anger management = )
Just need to park for event.

Wonder if that dial a driver that drives your vehicle home can trailer a boat?
that isn't the craziest idea I've ever heard! lol

Very successful event again! Lots of big smiles and happy faces, especially with many first-time anglers. Great food, cold beer, live music and lots of prizes and goodies. Record attendence and substantial donations to 3 important local salmon charities: $16,500 in total to Sooke Salmon Enhancement Society, Charters Creek Hatchery and Craigflower Creek Streamkeepers. Thanks to all involved, especially to many forum members here for skippering teams in the event. Wind forecast looked dicey but turned out ok. Even saw the 16'ers with 3 people on bord fishing happily and having a great time. A good number of nice fish were weighed in from anywhere from far west to Aldridge. The regular experts here on the forum did mostly very well for their crews. I know of one who won the Best Skipper category and can wear this desired bright red shirt now. How he will fit into this shirt will be very interesting....lol

Anyway, thanks again. Next event will be July 26, 2014.

well done everyone - got pretty burned out this year, but I think this was our best year yet...record raise on the raffle too at $6600 (congrats to Ken Rant for winning the grand prize) and really the only behind the scenes hickup I saw was the trophy getting blown off the table and the stand snapping off. Astrid was a great MC...as for that 'expert'...yeah, I expect to see him wearing that shirt next year

derby017_800x600_zps8b95f8da.jpg

Note, all the results are here (ignore 2010 in link as I never change the address!)
http://consultantsinvitational.com/2010-results/

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes funny moment giving me a "L" shirt cmon..... i think deewar may be a L but i doubt it LOL
FUN derby again and yes ASTRID was awesome!!!!

Back