2012 Vancouver, Howe sound and Sunshine coast reports thread

there was a freighter coming out around 11:00 that laid on his horn my buddy dam near crapped his pants but I was ahead of and well out his way, but there was another one coming in at the same time and I think he was warning him,
they usually dont leave anchor till the outcoming guy has cleared the channel or so I thought

Ya that’s what I saw, the freighters were far apart so I thought there was something I couldn't see.
I wasn't paying attention to time.
The short blasts in the morning is the usual warning they are coming out.

Well fished Friday,Saturday, Sunday and only hit one undersize for the 3 days. Fished Hutt to waterfall friday,Cap to the QB to Pt Arkinson on Saturday and The QB today. A guide friend landed a 15 just before we showed up at waterfall on Friday and a friend landed a 15 today at the Cap on high slack. Lots of boats out trolling but only heard of the 2 fish and maybe a smaller one on Saturday. Fish were hit on bait and spoon down deep. Crabbing and prawning on the other hand are very productive now with bigger sizes. Fishing should pick up soon.

Hey Dave,
that very fishy Friend of yours that hit the 15lber at the cap told me the twin yammied Grady in front of him landed a bigger one, and I heard later on the radio
that a fellow by the name of Demitri put 2 nice ones in the box,
Me I had nothing, not even a snif and I covered a fair bit water too from 8-2ish

Demitri was just joking as he had hit 2 flounders, but thats good to know another good one was hit at the cap. Was the twin grady may have been the guide boat for pacific angler. Would have like to been out early to catch that high flood.

Friday I got nothing. Sunday I got 1 undersize and 1 flounder. All around QB. I also got one heck of a headache from the ships horn. I was beside him when it went off. I think there was a white boat right in the line that the ship was taking. The boat didn't seem to want to move, so it got the horn pretty good. I could be mistaken though. It might have had something to do with the other ship coming in to the harbour. What a beautiful weekend to be on the water. Even stopped in at Granville Island for a little butter chicken lunch, seeing as the fishing sucked for me.

We were out sunday. Trolled between the hotel and the lighthouse...mid day fish 11-3 while we were crabbing...no bites on the rod...

crabbed outfront jericho with good success (1 trap had 6 beauty keepers, our other 3 (we use the round stainless traps) were baron of bait and crab. Really tough way to round out your day (seems to happen EVERYTIME I fish vanouver area) where someone happily poaches your crab. Next time I think we will anchor right ontop of the traps, it seems like the only reliable way to come home with what is yours. At least the traps were not stolen this time.

Prawning was not very successful for us. about 80% with eggs, 3 traps, 1 line, about....20 keepers...no pot puller and with the heavy tides it really felt as though we deserved more! How she goes...

Just a beautiful day out there aside from the usual vancouver woe's...

ran UV coho killer, glow TKO, and a UV squid, green and purp flashers.....quiet at the rod tip..

_FB

Will be heading over to the gulf islands this weekend (weather permitting) so I'll update with a report upon my return. A little early in the season for it to be good over there but I'm itching to get out on the water. Anyone been to gulf islands recently?

Anyone fish this weekend?
was out on the water today, but only to pull the boat out to add my new structure scan, hope to be back in for monday

Last March I fishhed my old stomping grounds off Sechelt... Took a beatiful 24lbs red using the "Irish Cream" by Silver Hord... That spoon caught 90% of my winter and early season fish.. The double glow I beleive... might be worth I try on the Sunshine Coast... just a thought...

few fish being caught up pender habour way 20lb plus taken last week or so

not much doing hutt cotton or grace , a few boats but still slim pickings may run out later
depending if the wind settles down a bit

Can't wait to hear of first big fish off Bowen or Thrasher, for now blowing fuel and battling wind in the hopes of a 7lb winter spring sucks.

22lber saturday out of gibson's so i am told could have been grace or cotton pt or salmon rock Gospel rock area

so tunstall bay should be getting them now!!!!!!!!!!!
hole in the wall?

I thought "hole in the wall" was a made up place so that tourist would stay out of the guides fishing holes:p I worked a Sewell's when I was much younger, we told everyone to go there (with the rental boats) we were FLOORED if anyone came back with any salmon!

22lber saturday out of gibson's so i am told could have been grace or cotton pt or salmon rock Gospel rock area

so tunstall bay should be getting them now!!!!!!!!!!!
hole in the wall?

Back