2009 Consultant's Invitational Fishing Derby

chris73

I guess it is never too early to schedule dates and events - therefore here is it fresh from the baking: the Consultant's Invitational will take place on Aug 22nd in Pedder Bay Marina, one week after the Bite Me Derby and one day before the Pink Salmon Festival at the same location. As a matter of fact the Consultant's Invitational has teamed up with the Pink Fest this year to share some fix costs. Why should that interest you, especially in light of the fact that this derby is only accessible through invitation? Well, some of you have participated in the past as the derby is always short on skippers to take out colleagues and business partners. Skippers that help out for plain expense reimbursement (launch, gas, bait) get a ticket and the fun for free. The derby also hired a bunch of guides for out-of-town or country sponsors. And here is my pitch to you guides: if you feel that you need to give something back this year to community and ecosystem, maybe you want to chip in a trip or offer at a reduced rate. This would certainly help attracting more sponsors that are interested in participating but shy away from the expense of a full day charter. Especially with the tougher economic situation this year it will be harder for the derby to secure potent sponsorships and any charter deal could help with that. Proceeds of the derby will go again to the Sooke Salmon Enhancement Society which runs the Sooke Hatchery, and every penny the derby saves in cost will go directly there. All of the guides last year did a fantastic job entertaining the sponsors even though fishing was tough that day. Guests of our top-rod Tailspin won the Sponsor category which is where the guides compete. Here is maybe another incentive for some of you competitive charter guides - to dethrone Tailspin this year! WOLF - here is your chance of contributing directly to a local Salmon Enhancement Program - as you always wished! All skippers are invited for the dinner event at the marina with live music, free beer and food. Here is the website if you want to check things out: www.consultantsinvitational.ca
Send me an email if you are interested in skippering or sponsoring or both. Hope to see many of you again this year at this event!

:D Great Derby and good times for sure. Are the Beer Gals there again this year?
Is the Pedder to Secretary limit restriction limit for Guided sponsors in effect still for 09? Or will Wolf be fishing the barren lands in my turf???[:p]

Those team TPS guys were a riot! Looking forward to it again.

www.tailspincharters.com

easy now Chris, don't promise what we can't deliver now! Krista won't be making it as she'll be a new mom, but I've talked to Charity in the last few weeks and she is certainly game again, and will find an appropriate replacement to participate with her in the mud wrestling pit.

Ok, kidding about the pit....

I had a blast in last years derby!! Count me in to skipper again this year. Cheers Fah Cups.

I had a blast in last years derby!! Count me in to skipper again this year. Cheers Fah Cups.

Every amateur or semi-pro skipper who is interested in skippering for some participants please contact me. As said before, each skipper gets a free ticket and makes arrangements for expense reimbursement with his crew. We still need skippers. August 22 Pedder Bay Marina. Please send me a PM.

As I do not have a boat, I would be more than happy to volunteer to help any way I can. Let me know, Cheers, I.I.

II, I'd like to send you an email. Indeed we could need some hands. Can you please PM me and send me your contacts? Thanks!

hey, for you guides involved, little bonus offered up by Juandesooka...he will offer up an annual coho level membership to the guide that brings in the biggest fish - covers a display ad, first site referral for charter requests, and opportunity to post reports on the site. Many of you know the site, if not:

http://www.fishingsooke.ca/index.html
http://www.fishingportrenfrew.ca/index.html

This also includes advertising at all of his other local websites if you wish.

Thanks JDS, appreciate the donation.

Alright guys! We still need a couple more volunteer skippers (free ticket, expenses paid by the crew) to take out a few guys from one of our top sponsors. They say they can't afford to charter 2 guides but would like to come if I find them a couple of boats. Who is in? They donate a lot of money to the Sooke Hatchery and if we give them a good time during the derby they will likely be back in the years to come. They are also an employer in Sooke. Here is your chance to do something good for the local salmon and for Sooke. And it's fun. If you have a decent boat, know how to fish and can take 2 or 3 people out on Aug 22, please let me know!

Cheers, Chris

Back