2006 Yamaha 9.9 Powerhead

profisher

I have a 2006 Yamaha 9.9 spare powerhead that I no longer need. This is for the big block model with power tilt. This is a complete block and head that together retails for over $4000.00 from the dealer. (may not be available any longer) No cylinder wear, no corrosion, no leaks. I will leave apart and the head off so that prospective buyers can see for themselves. I will install new head gasket, a new internal powerhead zinc and assemble for buyer. $500.00
motor.jpg
motor1.jpg motor2.jpg

I only have the power head for sale. This is the last piece that I'm selling.

I threw the head onto tmotor 3.jpg he engine so that I could take a picture of it assembled as it will be sold. The bolts are not torqued down so any buyer can still see the internal parts to know it is a solid engine. Simple to install, just switch over the intake/carb coil/flywheel and fuel pump from your motor. I can install from this state to running on leg in about an hour.

On this 9.9 model if you look at that last picture you can see a bolt and a retainer/fastener below the left side of the rubber hose and right of the lower opening for the intake manifold ans above the opening for the dip stick. It is a $9.00 part. It can be a bit tricky to pull out as the inner section of the zinc which extends into the water cavity in the block tends to swell when corroded. It then becomes a bit of a trick to get it to pull back through the hole in the block. It is sealed by a small rubber grommet. I pulled on one that I changed out and the zinc broke in half and the fat end stayed in the block. I was lucky that I was able to fish it out...if I couldn't the only way to remove it would have been to access that cavity by removing the head and take it out that way.

If you look at the very top picture there is a larger/wider water cavity on the top side of the cylinder on the right...the anode sits in that pocket.

Bump, I can also help install this for the buyer..as I've become a bit of an expert now at re and re on this model. Takes about 4 hours to swap over all the bolt ons from one powerhead to another, remove and swap the powerheads themselves and have it up and running again.

Bumping this post as I still have this engine. Thinking someone has one of these outboards and wants to keep it rather than having to buy the smaller displacement motors they are selling now.

Back