2001 Yamaha 8hp fitting question

One Fish

Found the my little Yammy 8hp didn't have much water and some time no water out of the water drain pi##er. There was a lot of water coming out from the bottom engine cowlings so I removed the bottom plastic one. Found a 90deg barbed type fitting on the back side that hade a lot of water coming out of it while running. I flushed the engine with the manual hose to check for blockages first

Could you get water out of the pisser when it was hooked directly to the flush line? If not clean the pisser with a piece of wire, mud wasps love to build nests in them. If you do I would think about replacing the impeller .

It was clear. Got a small bit of water out while running with the muffs. Never notice so much water running down the leg out of that 90deg fitting before. Still maybe the impeller. Worked fine a few nights before

Run a thin piece of wire up the telltale outlet...they clog up very easily...I have to do mine at least once a month.

^^x2 i use a piece of weed whacker line. i run a line up the pisser all the time to clean it out

Back