20 Hourston Project

Great looking boat salmonkiller01......I really enjoy these threads and the one Albernifisher has on his overhaul as well. Not to derail the thread but did you every inquire about the cost of having a new one built? I see lots of older boats that guys redo but not many newer ones are ever for sale. I guess I can always send them an e-mail and get some ball park prices.......just curious? :)

I have never checked out the new boat prices at hourston, but can imagine a boat like mine would be 60ish?? Just a guess.

Attachments

• jpeg hourston pricing.jpg
    jpeg hourston pricing.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,265
Have you played with motor mount height at all yet? Looks like you got it mounted a couple inches up from the pics but hard to say

My engine is mounted so that the cavitation plate is 3" above the bottom of hull. When a boat is under power and on plane the water leaving the stern of the boat rises at a rate of 1" for every foot back, roughly.My bracket does not follow my hull lines. Brackets like yours that follow the hull lines, essentially lengthen the hull and the water rise would not have any effect.

I've been enjoying this thread a lot. Nice work Salmonkiller. Project boats are addictive!

I am glad you are enjoying it, they are fun to do. I like this one a lot because I love my boats hull! Right length and style for me. It also helps that rot has not been an issue.

Have you decided on a prop as of yet? I'd love to go with the enertia myself but I just plain can't afford it right now. I'll probably go with a stiletto advantage 2 which is a close match performance wise in testing that I have read.

Have you decided on a prop as of yet? I'd love to go with the enertia myself but I just plain can't afford it right now. I'll probably go with a stiletto advantage 2 which is a close match performance wise in testing that I have read.
I had a member here offer me a prop so I am gonna try it, not an inertia. My project is at a stall with christmas and crappy weather.....blah blah blah...You get your v-rod on yet?

Bringing this one back from the dead. I have finished rigging the motor and took it and had it set up to run, gotta admit the sound of the Verado is sweet! Wiring is all done and I just need to tie it all up. I gel coated the floors with anti slip, got really dirty but they clean up easy and I plan on one more coat once the weather warms. Added some recent pics.

Attachments

• new2.jpg
    new2.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,020
  • new3.jpg
    new3.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 1,016
I also have 2 infloor storage or fish holds, just need to gelcoat the forward one and install my hardware for them. Feels good to be getting near the end, if there is an end

Attachments

• new4.jpg
    new4.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,020
  • new1.jpg
    new1.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,020
She looks great. What prop did you go with? (cant recall)

Well I finally launched the boat for a sea trial. First impression is the Mercury Verado is a power house, can not believe how quiet it is. At idle all you hear is the engine pissing! At 3500 rpm quiet enough for a phone call. 275hp is a little much for what I need but the price was right and it weighs the same as a 225. Boat sits nice in the water and against the tide at 3500 rpm I was doing 28mph, with the tide at 3500 rpm I was doing 38mph. Time to clean her up and get my fishing gear in her. Game on.

Attachments

• dock2.jpg
    dock2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 826
Wow that boats looks awesome with that Mercury hanging off the back like that. Be nice to see it rigged with the kicker and other gear.

What was your W.O.T. speed and RPM? with the same motor at 6000 rpm I was doing 48 mph in a 24 1/2' searay, your boat should fly!

Back