20 Hourston fixer upper

Sounds like another build in the making... :) lovIt

I should be keeping an inventory... LOL

I hope you didn’t spend the whole 25k budget on it yet.

Those have probably the nicest lines on a 20’ boat, good luck with it
I agree. It’s right up there as my ideal next vessel... if I don’t fall too in love with my new beauty.

Adrian: lots of pics please buddy!

Got the boat home today
Guy had hauled it out gave it a quick rinse check the brakes and bearings on the trailer and fixed the wiring for me
Inspected more where the dry rot was and it appears to be right by the exhaust vent from the inboard of water splashing in through there
Gonna run the inboard for a while for the summer and then tackle the pod and recover in the fall
After I slowly gather everything I need for it

Picture of the tire for ***** and giggles
Last hourston I brought home the tire was 15 seconds from falling off after the bearings blew out of it

Lots of pictures tomorrow after I give it a nice bath

Attachments

• 20200501_185807.jpg
    20200501_185807.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 122
Congrats! Great find, glad you got it home safe and sound... I will be anxiously awaiting for some good pictures as well :D

Last edited:
Been tinkering with the new unit for the last week, put it on its new wheels today thanks to Murph for selling the trailer
Sikaflexed the rub rails top and botom and the cuddy hatch got taken out and re sealed
Kicker purchased and wired in thanks to old skool
Rat nest cleaned out of the cuddy
Attempted to decode the wiring mess behind the dash
And the haul got a cut polish and wax

Some of the gell coat I noticed has small little bumps like pimples I was reading it was osmosis, or gelcost blisters but all the photos are of these massive bumps like the size of toonies and some forums say it was imperfections when the boat was made from the mold

Attachments

• IMG_20200515_143016_959.jpg
    IMG_20200515_143016_959.jpg
    576 KB · Views: 173
Been tinkering with the new unit for the last week, put it on its new wheels today thanks to Murph for selling the trailer
Sikaflexed the rub rails top and botom and the cuddy hatch got taken out and re sealed

Some of the gell coat I noticed has small little bumps like pimples I was reading it was osmosis, or gelcost blisters but all the photos are of these massive bumps like the size of toonies and some forums say it was imperfections when the boat was made from the mold
One of the best looking boat designs of all time. You got yourself got a gooder there!

Very nice looking boat :) On all 3 Hourston's (20', 23' & 26') I had from the mid 70's the topside and gunwales were paint finish, did they really use gelcoat on these boats? Yep she be a keeper...

Very nice looking boat :) On all 3 Hourston's (20', 23' & 26') I had from the mid 70's the topside and gunwales were paint finish, did they really use gelcoat on these boats? Yep she be a keeper...

Not a expert on gelcoat or paint finish if theres a major difference between them in visually identifying but you seem to be a expert with all your builds going on
I'll snap a picture or two
It seemed to shine up nice when I polished it
Have you had the little bumps on any of your projects?

Super hard to see since I poloshed the hull but you can sorta make them out

Attachments

• 2020-05-16 13.00.24.jpg
    2020-05-16 13.00.24.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 124
Back