20 ft hourston sedan

Jode

Hey folks.
I just finally found a 20ft hourston sedan.
I have to do a full gut job. Stringers are already gone. Floor
Side panels. Everything.
Couple of questions.
How much fuel will the saddle tanks hold ?
And does anyone have any pics of an unmolested one that i can use for reference.
Both the dinet style and sleeper seat style.
Thanx guys

I just picked one up too quite the projects. we should share our experiences. what kind of pod are you going to use? And power ? i am thinking 200hp 4 stoke. I have a aluminum pod already ready to go for mine

I got an aluminum one aswell. 150 -200 i think. Mines gettin a full gut job. Bow to stern. Not my first rebuild. But hopefully my last.
Do you have the interior. If not theres a guy on here that haz 1 left i think. Really nice guy. ****** if i can remember his name but im sure he ll chime in. Has tons of info and pics of his. Smart ******..

Nice. Ya mine is basicly gut job aswell no interior so I will need that. would be great to get that guys contact info.
Thanks for the info

Hes the one that had the pod built outa fiberglass no wood. Has a quote " i just put gas in it and go".
I will see if i can find his number

hey, guys just saw this...it seems three of us are doing the same thing. Id love to share contact details and be able to bounce some ideas off you guys. I'm 21 gallons of epoxy into the rebuild, this thing is going to be a beast when I'm done LOL
feel free to shoot me a text-7789287269 Myles

Hey myles. I got nicholass steering. He said ide hear from you. Lol.
21 gallons. Thatz what im into my 18.2

I sold my 20’ Hourston in the fall but had it for many years. The interior was set up with two boxes with seats on top. One side was open for easy access while the other side was enclosed and lockable. Built shelves in it for tackle boxes and also enough room for a small tote where I kept halibut gear and other gear. It was powered by a Yamaha 150 four stroke which was fine for power till there was 4 people on board then it was a little sluggish. I always thought a 200 would be the magic hp. Just a couple thoughts from a long time hourston owner.

Attachments

• 6BD482EC-8F28-43F3-A315-C12DC15C1883.jpeg
    6BD482EC-8F28-43F3-A315-C12DC15C1883.jpeg
    189.5 KB · Views: 228
  • 8F8703AD-518E-4DB0-AF14-FB29EA19347B.jpeg
    8F8703AD-518E-4DB0-AF14-FB29EA19347B.jpeg
    327.2 KB · Views: 216
I sold my 20’ Hourston in the fall but had it for many years. The interior was set up with two boxes with seats on top. One side was open for easy access while the other side was enclosed and lockable. Built shelves in it for tackle boxes and also enough room for a small tote where I kept halibut gear and other gear. It was powered by a Yamaha 150 four stroke which was fine for power till there was 4 people on board then it was a little sluggish. I always thought a 200 would be the magic hp. Just a couple thoughts from a long time hourston owner.
What was your cruise / fuel burn?

Averaged a cruise speed of 23kn with a top speed of 29kn. Average trip out to places like swiftsure or big bank where 50 miles running round trip would be normal. On those trips I would burn right around 100L

Averaged a cruise speed of 23kn with a top speed of 29kn. Average trip out to places like swiftsure or big bank where 50 miles running round trip would be normal. On those trips I would burn right around 100L
That’s great fuel efficiency!

IMG_0910.JPG 20171016_125731.jpg IMG_1524.JPG IMG_20180403_144435.jpg IMG_0947.JPG

Getting Back to my project, a Fiberform and a little longer at 22.5' . The cabin is pretty much set up like yours and 225 Optimax. I need to pick up a propeller soon and wondering what pitch

Back