1998 17 Double Eagle in Nanoose

Looks like a Johnson, but I think its the same motor as an Evenrude. Other than the blue smoke, not sure you'd be better off with a '98 era four stroke? From what I read, they were all pretty heavy, not as much torque, and could be expensive to maintain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a Johnson, but I think its the same motor as an Evenrude. Other than the blue smoke, not sure you'd be better off with a '98 era four stroke? From what I read, they were all pretty heavy, not as much torque, and could be expensive to maintain.
Yep, you're right F Rob. Guess I shoulda looked a little closer. I had a 'rude the same size from 89. They did not change the block for over a decade. It was a very reliable and operable motor for 15 years. Lots of torque for my 18' sled. My only complaint was she was a thirsty beast.

Hope those are 4 strokes on the back otherwise that's pretty overpriced. Nice shape tho

Johnnyrude Didn't make any 4 strokes above 70HP back in '98. The Main is a 2st for sure, the kicker is a cointoss

I went along for the ride to get the boat.Ed is a good old boy for sure,started commy fishing when he was 14,now 85.He bought the boat new and kept every bill for servicing and the original bill of sale.He hated to part with the boat but that time will come for all of us at some point.I've never seen a boat so well taken care of.

Back