1996 Wellcraft 264 Coastal Opinions Please.

walleyes

Crew Member
I'm am going to be viewing a 1996 Wellcraft 264 Coastal this coming week. It's been a fresh water boat it's entire life and not really big water at that. It has 2, 2010 175 hp Suzukis on it and a 2010 Yammy 9.9, engines are low houred but I'm not sure what that means I will know when I view it. Looking for some honest opinions, the good, the bad, the ugly on the boat and these engines as I have no experience with Sazukis. Anything in these boats in particular a guy should be aware of.

Thx in advance.

I have had a 1996 246 coastal for 7 years It is called a inland coastal for a reason, my 20 ft Silverstreak had about the same dead rise The scuppers are below the waterline with a single 250 etec. but it is a great boat with lots of room for fishing The bow is low and will take waves over the front in snotty weather I would never take mine tuna fishing It is not a offshore boat but it does catch fish t I bought my boat for a good price with a engine that had 32 hours on it sight unseen but inspected from San Diago I might not have bought it had I taken it for sea trials It Depends on what you want to do with it My son and I have beat this boat up and still looks great after 3000 hours and have no regrets We do not trailer it as it is over 7000lb (according to uship guy) and only fish Sooke area and try to keep it to days when it is only blowing 25 kts or less which is most afternoons LOL

Back