1981 Double Eagle gets a second chance

Its nice to have the weather back on our side. I was able to give the hull a good scrub then wiped it down with acetone. Weather was great so I put down the first coat of epoxy primer, I will put 3 or 4 coats on. I also started working on the brackets for the Scotty Downrigger plugs. All in all I am happy with today’s progress
Wow I gotta keep the cutoffs of structural fibreglass angle that we sometimes have to use. You just popped some ideas in my head lol

It’s nice to have the weather back on our side. I was able to give the hull a good scrub then wiped it down with acetone. Weather was great so I put down the first coat of epoxy primer, I will put 3 or 4 coats on. I also started working on the brackets for the Scotty Downrigger plugs. All in all I am happy with today’s progress
Hey Dan, looking good. Just a heads up on the epoxy primer.. subsequent coats have a small time window to be applied, typically when the primer passes the “finger print test” it is ready to be applied again, this creates a chemical bond. If you allow the epoxy to fully dry you need to sand the area down with 80 grit to promote a mechanical bond. At least this is the case with interprotect 2000. Might be worth reading the technical data sheet.

Hey Dan, looking good. Just a heads up on the epoxy primer.. subsequent coats have a small time window to be applied, typically when the primer passes the “finger print test” it is ready to be applied again, this creates a chemical bond. If you allow the epoxy to fully dry you need to sand the area down with 80 grit to promote a mechanical bond. At least this is the case with interprotect 2000. Might be worth reading the technical data sheet.
Interprotect 2000e has a max overcoat time of 6 months. When you are applying some of their bottom paint on top of the 2000e you have to do it before full cure and they suggest the thumb print method. It is a great product and easy to use. Thank you for watching out for me.

Attachments

• IMG_2560.jpeg
    IMG_2560.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 17
Interprotect 2000e has a max overcoat time of 6 months. When you are applying some of their bottom paint on top of the 2000e you have to do it before full cure and they suggest the thumb print method. It is a great product and easy to use. Thank you for watching out for me.
Apologies, I stand corrected!

Does anyone in Port Alberni have a Mercury or Quicksilver Diag Tool. I need to switch the programming on one of my outboards to PORT both currently are reading as Starboard with my SC1000 gauges and need to have the fixed before I can proceed with setting up the gauges

Attachments

• IMG_2648.jpeg
    IMG_2648.jpeg
    208.6 KB · Views: 61
Does anyone in Port Alberni have a Mercury or Quicksilver Diag Tool. I need to switch the programming on one of my outboards to PORT both currently are reading as Starboard with my SC1000 gauges and need to have the fixed before I can proceed with setting up the gauges
I have one in nanoose if that helps. No plans to be in port anytime soon. Takes all of 5 mins to fix
I bought the tool for the same purpose

It was a pretty large investment for me so I do not want to loan out (laptop, software and connections) If I am heading your way I will let you know. I am sure the guys at rpm would set it for you Ask Brad the sales manager he is pretty good at helping out

Yeah, no worries. I looked at the price of them and you’re right I will take it down to the shop once I got it back on the trailer.

I was able to put some time in on Sunday as well as today and feel like I have moved the needle a little. Transom lights installed, hydraulic steering lines run, and all but one window installed. I gave her a bath as I was also able to put her back on the trailer.

Attachments

• IMG_2709.jpeg
    IMG_2709.jpeg
    378.6 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2722.jpeg
    IMG_2722.jpeg
    777.4 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_2735.jpeg
    IMG_2735.jpeg
    200.4 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2738.jpeg
    IMG_2738.jpeg
    697.2 KB · Views: 94
It’s funny you mentioned that as I was just looking at it yesterday eventually I will replace it but right now I think I will leave it and maybe coat it with something. I want to get it on the water before summer so I can do some fishing this season and then I’ve got more work to do next winter gonna put Alaskan bulkhead in it and just do some finishing work.

Back