1976 20ft Grady, what's it worth

Sea Nymph

I'm looking at possibly purchasing a 1976 20ft Grady White cuddy cabin in decent condition. The shell is good just needs new paint on the bottom and does not really come with any accessories. The inside condition of the boat is good for it's age.
It's powered by a 150hp 2 stroke Yamaha just rebuilt with 12 hrs on it. The trailer is rusted and not part of the equation as it needs to be replaced.

I've always wanted a Grady but it's been out of my price range, this one may fit the bill depending on the price of a decent used 2 axle trailer.

What do you guys think it's worth? The guy want's $6500

check the transom and stringers or you could be in for a bill greater than the value of the boat

Stay away from old boats, unless you have deep pockets and lots of time to fix endless issues... Wait Wait Wait and the right boat will show up... If you are already asking yourself questions then its probably not the right fit... Just my experience.... Unless its like your grandad's boat that he bought new and kept in the barn.... plus guys will lie their butts off....
For Sale...
View attachment 1426View attachment 1425View attachment 1427View attachment 1428View attachment 1429
17,999 with complete refurbished boat, and downriggers / Charplotter etc...

Check it over carefully and if you are not boat savvy get it checked out. If the stringers and or transom are rotting your $6500 could easily turn into much more, and again if you are not boat savvy and can't do the work yourself, then that $6500 could very easily turn into MUCH MUCH more. Older boats will inherently require more TLC and maintenance/repairs than a newer boat so make sure that you have a good budget to "fix" her up after you buy it. Older boats can be very pleasing and a steal of a deal, but,,, they can also be a major PITA and very expensive (sometimes more expensive than buying newer).

Either way a boat is a B.O.A.T. - Bring Out Another Thousand:p

Back