18 Double Eagle - Podded - Gov Auction

PatyO'Furniture

nice 185 double eagle - podded with a kicker, trailer and accessories... but the auction ends monday morning!!
in nanaimo, who's got the balls to pull the trigger without seeing it in person!

there was a sweet 24 foot aluminum that was up a couple weeks ago, min bid was 9 grand and it ended up selling for 60 plus! so who knows what this one will go for

https://www.gcsurplus.ca/mn-eng.cfm...&so=ASC&sf=ferm-clos&lci=L408835&str=1&ltnf=1

I am guessing there are issues with the boat. 10 minutes left in the auction and no on has bid the min $3K. Surely someone went out and took a look at it?

It is a closed bid auction. The minimum you bid must be at least 3k. You are bidding blind against everyone else.
They usually post a couple days later what the winning bid was.
I bet you this thing goes for 10

Yes i signed up. and put $10500 on the bid. They said wait for 7 days to do bid.

He said 18'8" with 30" pod. That is nice. Too bad for me I dont get this boat.

With everything being online I wonder why they still auction by sealed bid? How many $3001 bids did they get?

Am I the only person that thinks these prices are getting insane? I love the older Double Eagles and would love to find one but let's be honest these old boats need some TLC. Buying from a government auction is a total crap shoot because most of the time nobody really knows anything about the item. A person could easily spend $15,000 converting that boat into a real west coast fisher. At $3,000-$5,000 I think that boat was a good deal but $15,000 WTF. Apparently some people have much more insight or deeper pockets than me.

Mine sold for much more than that and it was a 79. All depends on what someone is willing to pay

Am I the only person that thinks these prices are getting insane? I love the older Double Eagles and would love to find one but let's be honest these old boats need some TLC. Buying from a government auction is a total crap shoot because most of the time nobody really knows anything about the item. A person could easily spend $15,000 converting that boat into a real west coast fisher. At $3,000-$5,000 I think that boat was a good deal but $15,000 WTF. Apparently some people have much more insight or deeper pockets than me.

The add I think is wrong. That hull looks like the 20 foot version. I agree old double eagles are way overpriced and am shocked how much people pay for them.

Some get caught in name and don't check how reliable the power is. 20 foot ones like this are hard to find in good condition. Had it had new motors woukd be near 20k mark. Your lucky to get any boat that runs for 3 to 5k.

For anyone looking just be careful of these boats. If it's 80s and earlier if floor hasn't been redone be careful. No use paying over 10k from crappy floor and unreliable power just because of a name.

I follow gc surplus and more often than not boats go for way more money than they are worth. Just check what's sold to see......I do know of the odd good deal but that hasn't been in quite some time now. It's the sealed bid thing......discus' bid literally could have been the second highest. Just gotta go in with what your comfortable with and hope for the best.

GnB

I've followed a couple BC BID auctions and these folks make it extremely difficult to make an informed decision. I've tried calling the contact # for further info and they always have no info on the vessel. Hopefully the owner got a solid hull and a good running older motor but there's a good chance he bought a major headache.

Back