17' Double Eagle....Fuel hose cover....

79 Jimmy

This is the cover that goes behind the starboard/captain side sleeper seat. It covers the fuel hose as it enters the floor. I recently relocated my fuel hose so its up for grabs. Free if you need it.
Fuel cover.JPG

image-09.jpeg

You can sort of see where it covers the hose just behind the seat base. I wish I could figure out how to rotate photos...

Hey Jimmy, I have the same boat, but it does not have the built in fuel tank. I am thinking about installing one, but am a little hesitant about doing so without a bit more info. Do you know the dimensions and volume of your tank? Also wondering how far forward it is in relation to say, the inside face of the transom? I don't want to get too big of a tank or put it too far forward so it throws the fore/aft balance of the boat off. I have a 4 stroke 115 and a four stroke 9.9 on the back, hoping the built in fuel tank will make the stern float a little higher when at rest. Any info on a source for a tank would be appreciated as well. Thanks.

I used to have a 1990 17 foot DE which my dad owns now. It had the in floor built in tank which was removed and we installed a moeler bow tank. It did not have trim tabs and it really helped keep the bow down but made it difficult to get off the trailer in a shallow ramp but still doable. From what I remember the bow tank was the full width of the stringers (between) and went from the dash to around 2 feet from the motor well. I'd recommend the fuel tank but that's my .02 then you don't have to cut out your floor and will keep the stern a bit higher out of the water.

Last edited:
I just read did my stringers last year on my 16' DE. Here is a pic of tank before I took it out and a pic of new stringers with tank supports. Gives a bit of perception where it's mounted.

Attachments

• WP_20160531_001.jpg
    WP_20160531_001.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 35
  • WP_20160611_001.jpg
    WP_20160611_001.jpg
    355.6 KB · Views: 37
Back