16th Annual Just for the Halibut Derby

porcupine

May 12th & 13th, 2012: The 16th Annual Just for the Halibut Derby. First prize is $7,500 cash, 2nd prize is $2,500, and 3rd prize is $1,000 cash. A hidden weight “Bonus” prize is sponsored by SG Power. Tickets are available at Island Outfitters, Pedder Bay Marina or Cheanuh Marina. Call 250-475-4969 for more information.

Last edited by a moderator:
There has been a change on the date of the 16th Annual Just for the Halibut Derby so as not to conflict with the Sidney Salmon derby. The 16th Annual Just for the Halibut Derby has been rescheduled for May 12th & 13th.

With all due respect, gotta ask why this derby is always held on Mother's day but more importantly why do you hold the event when the currents are borderline dangerous?! Doesn't seem overly responsible IMO.

ITS done early enough to take out your mommy out in the afternoon whats the big deal??? go fishing that may even be the best day for her anyways any guy out of the house leaving them a lone toss them some $$$$ tell them to go shopping...win win isnt it??

You sure can tell who is ***** whipped in here ....

really peetz? To actually have to spend a whole day with the person who clothed, cared and fed you for 18 years is really not a lot to ask of a decent son.

The timing of this derby is lousy , the original date was fine.

beemer

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW ok what about the fathers day derby ?? seems everyone who can goes in that one??? whats the diff???

WOW ok what about the fathers day derby ?? seems everyone who can goes in that one??? whats the diff???

You are more likely to bring the old man and have a day with him. Either way have a merry Christmas all , and buy your mother something nice!

beemer

I do have to agree. Lame day choice.... I just looked at the heights not currents but the tides don't seem that bad.

Two weeks either side would work... Id say poor form.

Peetz, ***** whipping comes from wives , not moms.

peetz classy comment. some of us just aren't as self centered as others i guess. needless to say i won't be in it and i know of for buds that are out now too.. 1 day a year devoted to mothers and wives, your right they ask for way to much. classy for sure.

Is there a website set up for this? where are the derby area limits/weigh in location and all that happening?

Back