12v air pump for inflatables. What are you using?

Bought the Airhead 12v inflator deflator from Amazon also really quick and reliable. Hose is a little short i'm sure it can he extended if needed.

Last edited:
seamax in richmond has the best air pumps. built in lithium batteries, dual stage with digital controls & display, auto shutoff, forced deflation, come with all hoses with adaptors and priced reasonably. drop over to their office and pick them up.

Last edited:
If you ever find an “LVM” pump, hand-cuff yourself to its ankles.....they are that good. Commercial rafters call them “screamers”——they make noise when powered up but they push lots of air. I can go from a rolled up inflatable to a workable raft in 3 minutes. Last but not least, you can change the nozzle to a different hole and boom...they’ll pull air out of your raft until it’s flat as a pankcake....you can roll it up into a nice tight package until you want to use it again

NRS used to sell them....not sure why they discontinued, though I heard they have over-heat problems if they’re powered up too long. Mine have lasted for 15 years but I’m inflating 10 footers, not huge river rafts like the commie guys used them for

https://www.nrs.com/product/1707/lvm-inflator-pump

I had a Eureka moment one day and fitted the wire to a Scotty plug— — works like a charm. I keep one in my truck for river rafting and one in my boat

IMG_20200725_112620.jpg IMG_20200725_112615.jpg IMG_20200517_070156.jpg

Last edited:
If you ever find an “LVM” pump, hand-cuff yourself to its ankles.....they are that good. Commercial rafters call them “screamers”——they make noise when powered up but they push lots of air. I can go from a rolled up inflatable to a workable raft in 3 minutes. Last but not least, you can change the nozzle to a different hole and boom...they’ll pull air out of your raft until it’s flat as a pankcake....you can roll it up into a nice tight package until you want to use it again

NRS used to sell them....not sure why they discontinued, though I heard they have over-heat problems if they’re powered up too long. Mine have lasted for 15 years but I’m inflating 10 footers, not huge river rafts like the commie guys used them for

I had a Eureka moment one day and fitted the wire to a Scotty plug— — works like a charm. I keep one in my truck for river rafting and one in my boat

View attachment 55683 View attachment 55684 View attachment 55685

Those work awesome. I have the exact same one (although it has "Rule" instead of "LVM" on it) and was going to post a picture this evening but you beat me too it. Inflates our little 7' Zodiac tender in less than 30 seconds a side. Mine came with the Zodiac when we bought it second hand.

View attachment 55683 View attachment 55684 View attachment 55685
I found the LVM pump online!! After a great amount of time searching.

be aware that not all pumps are the same. some like the LVM cannot inflate more than 1.5PSI. My tender needs 3.2PSI so the LVM would be useless for it.. HP air floors need 10PSI.

be aware that not all pumps are the same. some like the LVM cannot inflate more than 1.5PSI. My tender needs 3.2PSI so the LVM would be useless for it.. HP air floors need 10PSI.
I bought a sea max as well. I’ll update once I have both

youre better off buying seamax from their office in richmond. you get a discount over the online price and no shipping charges baked in.
i paid CAD $ last time instead of USD$ to seamax (1:1 conversion rate) when i went to their office last time.

An LVM will turn my inflatables into hard-bodies but I don’t use them that way —-I don’t want to beat them up too much. I bring my inflatables to “shape” then top off with a foot pump, depending on air temperature and sun/no sun....Anybody who is a serious user of inflatables should always have a workable foot pump with them, whether or not they have a 12V pump

Back