10th Annual Consultants Invitational Fishing Derby - July 25, 2015

Deewar25

Just a reminder for any interested in helping with our event and offering up your boat as a skipper, the event is scheduled for Sat July 25th at the Prestige in Sooke and we are looking forward to more good times. If you happen to own or work for a business in the engineering/consulting field (or any for that matter), we'd love to hear from you as well as possible prize or cash sponsor. Any support is appreciated. Hard to set a goal as we hit the $100,000 mark in pretty much last 7 years, but $20k maybe???

Please check out the website for details about the event http://consultantsinvitational.com/ and drop a note or PM if you can help out in any way.

Hey Everyone

Just thought I would bump this thread a bit. Our 10th annual is coming up on July 25. We are looking for sponsors (Gold or better gets you minimum 4 tickets), and volunteer skippers (comes with a free ticket and your expenses paid). If your interested please have a look at the website for details or talk to Myself, Deewar25 or Chris 73.

We think it's the best show out there!

A few fun facts...

- In the first 9 events the derby has raised $100,000.00 for local hatchery and stream enhancement initiatives.
- We have a $10,000.00 raffle this year with prizes including a trip to Moutcha Bay, Bear Mountain Golf super getaway, and gift certificates for travel anywhere in the world!
- Live Band
- Catered by and held at the Prestige Resort in Sooke
- Buffet style meal and open kegs
- Superstar TV star for the MC
- 350 available slots to participate
- Prizes for everyone, yes everyone!
- Live Band
- Great deals on Rooms at the Hotel
- Fish cleaning by our friends at the SSES
- Weigh In station powered by Fishtactics
- Random other prizes and Giveaways

Keep you tip up!

Carl

Not sure if you are still looking for volunteer skippers or not, but I am available to take out 2 non-drinking guests.
Stosh

Not sure if you are still looking for volunteer skippers or not, but I am available to take out 2 non-drinking guests.
Stosh
Hi Stosh...yes, we have you down on the list - we only have a 1/3 of the participants signed up so far (the early bird push that just ended) so I know we will get the boats filled that have volunteered their time. I will get them to contact you directly when request comes in. Thanks much!

10th Annual, done and a great success once again. Final numbers pretty much in - looks like we are donating about $16000 in all this year - $6000 to SSE, $3500 to San Juan Enhancement Society (to be presented later), $4000 to Nootka Sound Watershed Society, and $2500 to Esquimalt Anglers. Couldn't be done without the help of all the skippers we have recruited to take out many of the participants and I thank you so much for your willingness. I hope you had a good time, and if we keep going, I hope you are once again willing next year as well. Largest turnout yet - 305 were registered, 255 officially checked in for the event. Awesome food at the Prestige, and awesome fish clean services by the volunteers of SSE.

Til next year? That we don't know for sure, but will see what kind of new support we can get on the committee. Feel free to sent me a PM if this is something you may want to get involved with. As for us - lots of pinks 30 or so I'm sure, a beauty 7-8lb coho I had to sadly let go, and springvelocity managed to pull this screamer out good for 3rd place!

11731652_10152942802265658_5102459052493925737_o.jpg

Full results are here: http://consultantsinvitational.com/2010-results/ (ignore the 2010 part, I don't know how to change that, we just update code each year)

Thanks to everyone. I echo what Dave said we have some major people that organized this event from day 1 that simply must move on, and let a new committee step up and steer the event... If we can't get that next year unfortunately we all know what happens. I want to thank all you guys that came out and helped us out to make it a great event. $16,000 in enhancement money is a big accomplishment for a small community. This is something that is needed to keep these fish coming back for the future generations. Thanks so much and hopefully see you guys next year.

That is an awesome accomplishment! Well done! I keep hearing that your derby is one of the best in BC. I should check this out for myself one day. How can one get in?

That is an awesome accomplishment! Well done! I keep hearing that your derby is one of the best in BC. I should check this out for myself one day. How can one get in?
Hey Calm - you can get in 1, by being a volunteer skipper (provide your boat and gear for participants & you get a ticket and can fish yourself as well), 2, sponsor minimum $1000 cash or product for 4 free tickets (and can buy 4 more), 3, find a consultant participating and beg to be a guest.

As for prez...come on tippy - fresh blood remember. You have time to kill right? lol

How many guys do you normally have on your organizing committee for this derby?

I dont know if Deewar25 answered you...We have about 4 to 5 core members this year, and a dozen or so that come in and out and help when needed... If your thinking about next year for yours ask chris73 directly..I would say from observation with SVIAC JDF your are very understaffed for that event of that size... It all comes down to volunteers that can put in the time. Whether we come back next year remains to be seen. We have such a successful crew but many have to move on this year, and if we dont get new key people taking the lead it can't continue... I will say this even if we dont come back 116,000 dollars in enhancement money we raised in ten years is a big accomplishment for derby of our size.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back