$100 to spend on a buddy, what would you buy him ?

Don Haraguchi

A good friends wife has tasked me with going out and getting him $100 worth of gear for some stocking stuffers. Just curious what you all would buy..... I’m thinking variety here......

For some context, he is a very local, very casual fisherman, fishing out of a 34’ SeaRay sedan bridge. (Yes, you read that correctly) lol.

I know a place they'll toss his salad for that. His wife might thank you.

Forgot to mention, and probably should have:

******, (AND POST ******) excluded.
Well anyways if you want a real answer I'd take the $100 into Pacific Angler and ask anyone there what you can get for it. They'll probably set you up with some kind of discount and would be happy to give you a wide range of good options that they use in their own boats. I'd imagine it would get eaten up pretty quick with a couple extra clips, some bead chains, small spool of 40lb mono, pack of good hooks and a few spoons.

Fantastic feedback. Thanks guys. The spoonscription is a great idea, and I can personally vouch for the Bambu Rum. A buddy broke some out in Nootka last year and it was delicious.

Go to the next herring charity event. Buy him a few bags of herring. Sort out the ones suitable for using as bait and vacuum pack them. The rest he can use for crab bait or bottom fish bait. He will thank you many times over when he doesn't have to go out several times next season to buy expensive bait.

Go to the next herring charity event. Buy him a few bags of herring. Sort out the ones suitable for using as bait and vacuum pack them. The rest he can use for crab bait or bottom fish bait. He will thank you many times over when he doesn't have to go out several times next season to buy expensive bait.

Interesting. How much herring could a guy get for $100 ?

Back