Search results

1. Newf

Stearing failure.

The end of my steering cable will go into this support and will not be visible or accessible once installed. Should I apply some sort of grease to the end of the steering cable to have some lubrication when moving back and forth inside the tube? When I pulled the old one out it did not appear...
  2. Newf

2024 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

I feel your pain with needing a day on the water. Two weeks waiting for a part after my steering cable failed. Latest update was it’s suppose to be here today or tomorrow. If I get it I will be out the first day weather permits. The tug is a drug for sure. The good side is that I’ve done a...
  3. Newf

More Electrical Questions :)

You can have your batteries load tested to see where they stand. Not recommending anything here but I just replaced a 10yrs old cracking battery that still started my little diesel engine just fine. I'm still using the 10 year old deep cycle house battery. If you do not drain down your...
  4. Newf

Looking for inflatable PFD recommendations

I saw the sale as well and was wondering about this one. Anyone have this one? Thoughts on it. 'MUSTANG KHIMERA(TM) 21 HYBRID
  5. Newf

Finally

Always nice when you get a little more than you were expecting. Classy of him to step up and take care of the brakes as well.
  6. Newf

Finally

Love the look of the C-Dory. Congrats.
  7. Newf

Boat Insurance...Prices are up

Copied from current insurance with Western Financial. Insurance is provided only for coverages for which a specific amount of insurance is stated herein Deductible Amount of Insurance Premium Hull & Machinery $ 576 $ 57,600 Included Main Engine $ 576 $ Included Included Electronic...
  8. Newf

Stearing failure.

This past Friday I had a sudden and complete failure like you, with no previous signs of a problem. I was on the flats out off of Pedder and had drop my hali anchor. I started to back away from the buoy and lost steering and the wheel just spun freely with a bit of a cable grinding noise...
  9. Newf

Advice needed for a new Battery Switch

Not that my situation is the same as yours since I have two batteries and an inboard but I have this one from my house battery,,,just a power on or power off. For my start battery I have the one shown above in Saxe Point's post. (the surface mount model) No issues with either one.
  10. Newf

Downrigger not laying cable on spool evenly?

Thanks Scott, I will have a look at mine.
  11. Newf

Tell Your Best Joke

Sorry Folks but here's another one. My friend in NL just posted these so I thought I would share. The art of the Nooner" An older couple, at an art exhibition, were staring at a painting that had them completely confused. The painting depicted three black men totally naked sitting on a park...
  12. Newf

Tell Your Best Joke

RESURRECTION While the priest was presenting a children's sermon. He asked the children if they knew what the Resurrection was. Now, asking questions during children's sermons is crucial, But at the same time, asking children questions in front of a congregation can also be very dangerous. In...
  13. Newf

Tell Your Best Joke

A lonely 70-year-old widow decided that it was time to marry again. She put an ad in the local newspaper that read: "Husband wanted! Must be in my age group, must not beat me, must not run around on me and must still be good in bed. All applicants please apply in person." The following day, she...
  14. Newf

OK got it. Thanks
  15. Newf

Please explain why Scott. I had cable for the first 5 years and now braid for the last 4. What should I be looking for? Thanks
  16. Newf

Tell Your Best Joke

Happy St Paddy’s
  17. Newf

2024 Halibut Fisheries Notice

Not sure if this was in response to my question or just a general comment to all. Either way, to clarify for my own post. Whenever there is a change made there is normally some rationale behind it. I did not attended a meeting in my area but normally read the minutes posted on this forum. I...
  18. Newf

2024 Halibut Fisheries Notice

I would also like to thank those who put their time and effort into a process that allows me to fish and retain a halibut. I'm sure that at times it must seem like a thankless endeavour. I'm sure that there are many factors, well beyond the understanding of most of us who are not directly...
  19. Newf

Window replacements in older house.

They had checked on one of the rebates and was told it had ended recently as the funding was all used up. There was an interest free loan,,,,not sure if it was from the government or one of the suppliers. Maybe a supplier, as they said if you took the loan the base price of the windows was higher.
  20. Newf

Window replacements in older house.

No stucco. The siding is wood and I believe it is called shiplap.
Back