Search results

1. Original

3rd boat I've seen with this name

Test Tackles 🍒
  2. Original

2024 Sooke Reports

Was out Monday on my forum member Hali charter with Blue Wolf Charters. I will highly recommend this for any noobie or anyone struggling to actually catch a hali (that’s me). Learned a lot and had a great day out in the mud hole around 300ft. Was a bit slow with a few big doggy’s but then...
  3. Original

2024 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Got out on Wednesday for an afternoon float with a buddy. There were a few boats out there, looked like a few were hooked up. We got lucky again a got a beauty hatch red male that measured out at 12lb. Fought harder than it weighed for sure. Nice catch pal. Also had a double header that had 2...
  4. Original

Intersting fishing tackle history in BC - The ones who helped form local fishing habits.

Here are a few mentions of Wilson & Lenfesty I found on the net. I grew up a few doors away from Jack James and Ken? Packford of Radiant lures. I tied spinners and a few bucktails with John and Matt but I never went fishing with them. Living on this island for all these yrs and only discovered...
  5. Original

Everyday post a photo of a reel you own.

Do you or anyone have any insight into the company in Victoria 1940’s Wilson & Lenfesty tackle and gun store I’ve read they made some reels. I don’t have one of there reels but I do have a very old & interesting rod (no hijack intended so I snuck a Peetz reel in)
  6. Original

Hit the bridge at noon today and jigged up 9 herring 🤩. There was 3 of us out there with similar results. Kinda came in waves with a few doubles outa 4 on that made the long haul up. 1 big one rest are like a large anchovies.
  7. Original

I think it was me that you mentioned that slot at the dock and I didn’t remember at that moment but when I got home I looked at some notes from last year and I see where I had noted how stupid it was in Sidney trying to catch that 62-67 slot fish and releasing 5 to find one.
  8. Original

What a week of great fishing off the waterfront for me. Took out a couple pals I haven’t seen for a while hoping to get them a couple on there licence. One of them had only caught 1 fish this yr. Launched 9:30 dropped a trap and trolled from there meandering Fromm 100-150 trying to keep the gear...
  9. Original

Got out Monday early and got into a few smaller ones but the 2” herring aid was the hot ticket again. That little spoon landed the two biggest fish and had a few nice ones that spit the hook. Morning was better then it slowed down and we had to get creative to get our last one. I’ve been reading...
  10. Original

Last year I got a few on March 10th and was told I just missed it. I’m not much for giving up yet as the few I got last yr were amazing looking. Even a couple small ones the fit my anchovie bullet roll teaser heads perfect. I bought a $20 bag a few weeks ago but they look pretty beat up. To The...
  11. Original

Nice catch Eroyd , gonna get out on Monday am for Salmon off Esq. Hope for a better report then. Went and gave the old Craigflower Bridge a shot this aft jigging for herring but got skunked. May be a bit early so I’ll try again next week.
  12. Original

Got up early off Esq and the bite was on. Wished they were bigger but they are scrappy and healthy. Steady action with a couple doubled up until noon when it was more relaxing lol. Great day to be on the water seen a kayaker and a tiny out trolling no kelp or logs calm seas made for perfect day...
  13. Original

Christmas Giveaway from West Coast Fishing Tackle

Whoop whoop what a week. Thanks guys luv me some new tackle.
  14. Original

Property Values in Saanich Take a Kick in the Privates

Half full guy here hoping I’ll have waterfront soon
  15. Original

2023 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Launched 9am dropped traps and trolled my fav tach across esq to the green can. We then moved over towards Esq lagoon 100ft and got into a few but pretty slow ,we switched up spoons but nothing was getting anything legal. Switched up to a hootchie around noon got a keeper then missed a better...
  16. Original

Christmas Giveaway from West Coast Fishing Tackle

Memories of a city that once was. Gonna miss you Lahaina
  17. Original

Sorry not a fishing report but this happend in the dark of the night. I think they moved 3 buildings onto one barge.
  18. Original

Got out Monday 11-3 off esq. Was very slow with only a few shakers. Dropped 2 crab traps but only one was there and the other nowhere to be seen. I’m hoping these big tides have my floats (two bullets in-line) under water as the trap was weighted. It’s off the sax point area in 100ft of water...
  19. Original

Got out Monday aft 11:30-4 with a couple buds off Esq. Got a nice one in the first 5 mins then had to work for a second one but it was a nice sunny day and a bit calmer on the Esq. Harbour side. Crab traps were loaded so 9 keepers even though we had 3 licenses. My buds all went home with fresh...
Back