Search results

1. RTDub

2023 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Lost my crab trap by Willows yesterday. Red/white float with name and number (fading). Trap is a round stainless. Recovery would be much appreciated and rewarded! 🍺 Thanks!
  2. RTDub

2021 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

I imagine not a lot of Hali fishing over the weekend given the winds. I made it out yesterday with some nice current and spent 3 hours in the mud hole while the crab traps soaked. Still no hali love and 5 keeper crabs saved the day!
  3. RTDub

Likewise. Great day, but still unable to snag my first halibut. Even the crab traps didn’t produce anything of size. Thanks for the intel Original...will keep trying!
  4. RTDub

Thanks for the report! Heading out tomorrow. Would you define the mud hole between Constance Bank and Albert Head?
  5. RTDub

2020 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Out yesterday afternoon and had 5 shakers and one just undersized salmon to the side of the boat. Beautiful day and incredible sunset. That and 3 nice crabs made up for the lack of keepers!
  6. RTDub

2020 Campbell River Reports

Thanks Gong Show. Will give it a try and report back!
  7. RTDub

2020 Campbell River Reports

Hi Campbell River. Anyone ever catch a halibut in these waters? Thanks.
  8. RTDub

Surely there’s a few who got out this long weekend...there were a good number in the Esquimalt Angler’s lot this morning. I jetted out to Broachie and hit into a 7-8lber at 140’ on a spoon. They’re still feeding on herring and seem ready to try anything that looks like one. Also remembered...
  9. RTDub

Victoria pub night

Would be interested and will monitor potential date and place. Thanks!
  10. RTDub

Out yesterday, mid-morning off of Esquimalt and the waterfront. Conditions weren’t too bad and I hooked into a 3-4lber early on with a boat-side release. Went deeper, 170’ and trolled the bottom to eventually hook into a very nice 10lber (she came home with me!). I was using anchovy and...
  11. RTDub

2019 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

I went out yesterday too. I think I saw you out there Irishwolf. Dropped traps at Saxe and MacAulay Pt by 7:30 and headed to the flats for the flood tide. Worked the area from 80-140’ with one small feeder (released boatside) and a couple of rockfish and ling that were sent back to fatten up...
  12. RTDub

I went out to the Waterfront yesterday afternoon after the great reports. I kept my first 5lber for the BBQ and released the next few boatside. Hooked into a low teens and after a little run and a couple of jumps, got it close to the boat where it shook itself free as I was about to embark on...
  13. RTDub

2019 Sidney Reports

Nice to see so many fisherman still getting out there and keeping their skills up! Can anyone comment on the best release tactic? I suspect if we want to catch these fish again in August, there’s a best practice?
  14. RTDub

Out yesterday for salmon between 11 and 1, trolling from Clover Point to Vic Harbour at 120-130’ with no luck. Quite a few boats out, but didn’t see anyone catching. Tried CB for some halibut during the slack tide with a few nibbles, but no love. Regardless, beautiful day and got to test...
  15. RTDub

2018 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

If you were brave (crazy) enough to fish through the chop this morning, you were likely rewarded with some action! The flats are still producing and if you send back enough 3 and 4lbers to put on some weight, you’ll eventually end up with a few 6 and 7lbers in your boat. Bite was on from about...
  16. RTDub

Thanks for the feedback Irishwolf!
  17. RTDub

Spent from 4:00 until dusk searching various depths, with a lot of time near bottom from Trial through the flats. Not a nibble. Anyone have any luck lately? I expect the Coho run is done?
  18. RTDub

2017 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Any details for us? Thanks!
  19. RTDub

Halibut anchor package for sale

Can you tell me the size and type of boat you have? As you know, Trotac will custom design an anchor system for the boat and I was wondering if it would be a good fit for my boat...thanks! RTDub
  20. RTDub

8hp kicker wanted

I'm outfitting my first fishing boat and the old adage is true' "...a hole in the water you throw money into!" I'm hoping to find a good used kicker, preferably an 8hp or a lighter 9.9hp, 4 stroke, long shaft to compliment my Suzuki 115. I'm keeping my eyes open for crab traps, Hali rods...
Back