1. J

2018 Nanaimo Reports

Anyone been out?
  2. J

2018 Nanaimo Reports

Thanks!!
  3. J

2018 Nanaimo Reports

Hello everyone, I am newish to the area and might try fishing out of Nanaimo this week, launching at the Brechin ramp. From what i am reading i guess the go-to spot is around the Finger Isls? Any tips/tricks for me? Ive only been fishing for a couple seasons now and havnt yet fished on this side...
  4. J

2018 Gulf Island Reports

Where abouts?
  5. J

Ladysmith / Chemainus area?

Thanks for the tips!!
  6. J

Ladysmith / Chemainus area?

Hello everyone, I have just moved to Vancouver island, the Ladysmith area. I am wondering if there are any spots to try for salmon in the immediate area or do i need to go up to Nanaimo for a better chance? It would be great to be able to launch in Ladysmith and have somewhere fairly close to...
  7. J

Saltair/Gulf Island newbie

What about fishing in the closer, protected waters around Ladysmith/Chemainus etc?
  8. J

Thank you!
  9. J

Hello everyone, I will be moving to the Saltair area in early May and would love any info on local fishing in that area. I have a 16ft Double Eagle so I love the idea of fishing in the protected areas. Ladysmith seems to be the closes local ramp as far as i can see. I appreciate any advice...
  10. J

Alouette Lake Kokanee

Hope you have some luck! I'll try and get out in the next couple weeks.
  11. J

Alouette Lake Kokanee

Worth while hitting this lake this time of year?
  12. J

I finally did it... Bought a boat!!

Wow, that looks amazing! Looks like a perfect layout to me. Enjoy it!
  13. J

Prawning Newbie

Thank you SpringVelocity, thats very helpful!
  14. J

Prawning Newbie

As stated, I am aware of the closures, thank you.
  15. J

Prawning Newbie

Good afternoon guys, I am hoping to try prawning next time i get out. I was gifted a trap for Christmas, I think I have it all setup properly from things i have read. My question is, if i am out fishing in Vancouver Harbour, is there anywhere worth while dropping the trap or do you have to get...
  16. J

Tackle Storage/organization

Hey everyone, I've just been going through my gear, getting spoons ready for winter etc. Made me wonder, how does everyone keep their gear organized? Different tackle boxes for different seasons perhaps? Everything in one? Any other ideas? I have one 3 tray tackle box that contains pretty much...
  17. J

2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Thanks fishin_magician! Still learning the ins and outs of the seasons/locations, i appreciate it!
  18. J

If someone had some time tomorrow, where might be a good spot to try and get into a fish or 2. South arm? Harbour? Thanks!
  19. J

Oh good to know, wasn't aware there was a derby going on! Thanks for that.
Back