Search results

1. P

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Growing up in Vancouver, born and raised, I can't believe how we got to the point we're at. So much money in this city. So many boat owners and yet about 7 launches from Porteau to Delta/Ladner. A sad state of affairs indeed. How is it that Washington, Oregon and parts of Northern California...
  2. P

AP Tackleworks spoons

I run mine naked 20 - 24" above dummy flasher. 48 -60" back. I will be buying a few more.
  3. P

I'm seeing contradictory wind reports for tomorrow. For the most part it shows a not too bad day. Am I missing something?
  4. P

Is there a boat launch at the Point Roberts marina?
  5. P

Sorry to derail things here, just not sure where to ask this. Who has payed for seasonal parking at Vanier with this ZipBy app? As usual, anything associated with Vanier is a joke, this app included. I cannot find any way to get to seasonal parking on it. Called the help line and the guy says he...
  6. P

Drain plug for aluminum boat

I have a North River with a pod. It had a slotted screw head witch was a pain in the arse to remove. I didn't realize when I first got the boat how much water got trapped in the pod on every outing. I only un did every 5 or 6 times. I soon realized how much extra weight in water I was carrying...
  7. P

2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Anyone out at SH now? Same with me, put in at Vanier, rounded UBC and turned for the NS.
  8. P

2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I think there going with the assumption that everyone knows no retention under 62cm. So saying nothing over 80 means slot size 62 - 80cm. That is my interpretation. Now all I have to do is actually put the boat in the water and get out. :D
  9. P

Anchovies

Hey for anyone looking for anchovies, Canadian Tire, Grandview location located on Bentall in Vancouver just got a supply in. They are medium to small, $13.99 and herring as well in medium for $10.99.
  10. P

Les Davis Plugs

Those aren't good for anything anymore. Tell ya what though, I'll take them off your hands for a special price. ;)
  11. P

2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

You won'y get anything else after tying those leaders with Cheetos all over your fingers., :D
  12. P

Pliers

Great feedback guys. Thank you. Can't believe how cheap we all are, especially Raincity. ;)
  13. P

Pliers

Curious as to what everyone is using for onboard pliers. Stainless does not last. I tried a pair of Mustad aluminum pliers, they broke the other day after about 2 1/2 yrs crimping a barb on a 7/0 hook. Handle broke. What aluminum's do you guys like?
  14. P

When to use 18lb canon balls

I'll put in my $.02. I fish pretty much same areas as you. I use 15's almost exclusively. Heavy current, trolling plugs or if I was too fish deep, then I put on the 18's. Not sure of my rigger's model number's but they are a little older.
  15. P

Paid my dues on Sunday and got rewarded on Tuesday
  16. P

RC I had one of your types of days yesterday. Slogged it from 6:30 till around 2:30. Had an 18lb ball just drop of my tuna cord at about 40' so no snags. Got a severe tangle with 4 lines trying to turn in the middle of that wind. Just too slow and couldn't cut the the turn. One small pink to...
  17. P

Wait..... popcorn is almost ready:D
  18. P

Anyone trying north of Gower? Going out on Thursday and would like to know if its worth the run or should I just fish The Hump and RC?
  19. P

Downrigger installation help

I would do as Rockfish suggests, fill the holes, caulking, fiberglass, whatever. Install the Scotty plate either as it is on pic #2 or add a 1/4" spacer of aluminum plate. Redrill the scotty holes add some backing on the underside, done. Another solution is drill new holes in the scotty plate...
Back