Search results

1. wet_coast_kid

2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I was at west van yesterday and feel better with my results. Nothing to take home but got some action: 1 nice size chinook that I lost close to the boat, 1 small guy (thrown back), and 1 other big bite that I lost. The pin poppers were on hoochies, but gotta check lines regularly, the seaweed...
  2. wet_coast_kid

2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I been hearing from friends there's unmarked commercial crab rings with floating lines that can get stuck in your fishing gear at the Cap mouth, near the yellow marker. My friend lost both canons, etc, got stuck in it. I fished there last week and saw what looked like a boat undoing tangles in...
  3. wet_coast_kid

Trailer Parking

It’s for a 22ft boat
  4. wet_coast_kid

Trailer Parking

Does anybody know a place I can store a boat trailer, around the Vancouver area? The place where I had it, the owner had to move out, and now its on the street. I called some marinas that I thought would have a storage area and they’re either closed or they told me to try after this corona...
  5. wet_coast_kid

2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I might go out tomorrow when it warms up, trying to decide either n a or stay in Fraser and go for sturgeon... what you think?
  6. wet_coast_kid

I’d like to know too.. windy says 8kn and SailFlow says 24 at lighthouse?
  7. wet_coast_kid

Crossing Georgia Strait

how did you make out?
  8. wet_coast_kid

Given the state of things now, what are our alternatives to fish for? Maybe steelhead or something in the Fraser or bottom fishing in the G.S.? I'm not familiar with fishing other than trolling for Salmon. Any offers of advice would be appreciated...
  9. wet_coast_kid

I think I saw you guys out there yesterday. I puttered around the arm looking for a spot to drop my traps and the conditions were kinda savage so I turned back in...
  10. wet_coast_kid

Almost went over to the QA today but when I saw the intense rain, chose to stay put. Still, the QA is my fav spot for fishing. Friday before last I was out there and had tons of fun. The bite was on and I had lots of fish on my finder. Granted, all were under, but one. Actually I didn't see...
  11. wet_coast_kid

what is this oil or gear lube in my bilge

well, since I filled it, it pretty much stayed around the same place. so the next day I took it out and kept an eye on it. ran a good run (1.5 hr) out to place out 2 crab traps. anyways, when I got back I noticed a little reduction but nothing alarming. it moved down maybe 1/4 inch. then...
  12. wet_coast_kid

I'll check the odour today and maybe I'll take it for a ride.. Could throw some crab traps down at the same time...
  13. wet_coast_kid

i do have a little water in it.. cant upload pictures here for some reason
  14. wet_coast_kid

the boat’s sitting in the marina and today i noticed the gear lube oil was down three or four inches in its bottle. havent seen it like that before and i topped it up about a month ago and ran the engine last week. i filled it back up today and cleaned out the bilge. when i checked on it...
  15. wet_coast_kid

Missing prawn traps

Oh right. Crab traps.. I should have paid more attention to the topic sentence! Lol. But I meant my crab traps in e.b.
  16. wet_coast_kid

Missing prawn traps

Hmm.. I lost mine Monday afternoon in English Bay, closer to the sailing club area by the freighters. Got my phone number on the large red buoy, but no calls.. Kinda disappointing!
  17. wet_coast_kid

How to boat into wreck beach area

I anchored there the other day but stayed out by the jetty... Looks like you could get out of the current better if you go around the corner. But seeing that I was at about 5ft of water, thought it might be unsafe to go further in. Can't see anything on the charts that show the depth and how...
Back