Search results

1. G

Yamaha Cowling Latch Stuck Closed

Got a motor given to me because of a seized latch. The frozen part was under the cowling and no way to lube it so I drilled a hole in the aluminum engine housing. Used a drift punch to work it free. Looked at a functional motor to drill the right spot. It would have broken by hand. Good luck...
  2. G

Honda is crapping out

I’ve had two shipped to me that were the large one not the 12mm same part # but got the wrong year. Amazon has them now for about $80. I’m getting one on Tuesday. Honda wanted over $300. Same symptoms as the poster. Fingers crossed.
  3. G

Honda is crapping out

Possibly an O2 sensor problem. See if you can pull a code.
  4. G

Is anyone running JRC1500 radar system?

I have that unit. Installed it last year and played with it while fishing this summer. Had it set up so it would show kayaks when it was calm. Still learning. Tried to use it in the dark this October coming from my cabin when the fog hit. Had to rely on my GPS. My own fault. Had my glasses...
  5. G

What's your MPG?

What prop are you using.
  6. G

JRC radar with dome

Thanks that’s what I was looking for. Got into a bad situation coming home last year and ferry horns scare me. Then the tow boats are out there too. Short distance is good enough. I’ll get a a grandkid to help me figure it out when it’s not foggy Thanks again
  7. G

JRC radar with dome

I just installed the 1000 MRK 2 but haven’t used it yet. When you say close? Any tips?
  8. G

Loss of RPM’s

Had the same problem with a Honda EFI. Turned out it was High pressure filter that wasn’t obvious. Cleaned it and ordered a new one. New one was green older one black. Turned out previous owner used ethanol and it broke down the inside of the fuel line. It bypassed the first filter and gummed up...
  9. G

deepest depth for crabbing

250 to 350 at times when shallow doesn’t work. Last couple of years nothing works in the Sechelt Inlet. Commercial or poachers still hitting it but not much for the rest. Pretty much gave up. Hope it’s just a cycle .
  10. G

Motor height.

Thought 5200 was permanent? How do you break the old bolt free?
  11. G

Motor height.

What do you use to resell the bolts?
  12. G

Motor height.

I have a SS Turning Point prop 17” so I might try 2 holes up and if it kicks out on corners I will drop back one. Nothing to lose Thanks.
  13. G

Motor height.

No I don’t think so it’s 25” 115 as well. At least the motor has lifting eye on the block and I have an engine hoist. Not a job for today though! Thanks.
  14. G

Motor height.

Yup that’s what I am going to do. Seems all the ones I see are rigged the same as mine. If you look at a lot of Hewescraft they come mounted one hole up. My old sea runner was but I wasn’t the original owner. Not sure why mine is so low? Thanks
  15. G

Motor height.

Anyone with a Silver Streak Race Rocks or Carmanah raise their engine height from the lowest position? My anti ventilation plate is 3/4” below the hull and will raise it one or maybe two.Looking for feedback. Thanks.
  16. G

New Boat on Order!

Changed the stock 17” prop to a stainless 17” Turning Point . Not happy with the rpm’s. Tried a 15” Aluminum T.P. but burned a little more fuel at cruise so had the SS repitched to 16”. Happy now. Added a Blue Seas ACR, onboard charger for home. Sonic Hub,fan,usb chargers. Extra bilge pump and...
  17. G

6 month update on owning a new Silver Streak

Mine came with a 17” Yamaha prop that took me to a little over 6000rpm. Went to a 17” stainless Turning Point prop after using their prop wizard program . RPM wasn’t high enough when the growth started on the hull so I emailed them. They did some calculations and said I should go to a 15”...
  18. G

6 month update on owning a new Silver Streak

I have the same boat with a 9.9 HT. and a 115. Depending on weather I run about 26@3800. Top speed 38 to 40. I get around 6 mpg at cruise. Think my GPS is set to US gallons. Running to my cabin in the Sechelt Inlet from Campbell River, around 85 miles I have used a full tank fighting a southeast...
Back