Search results

1. Skins88

2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

How's everyone doing at the bell? Got a 64 in the box. Lines were in at 12.
  2. Skins88

Puller for sale

Puller came with the boat. Never used it or ran it. Has the old style Scotty plug. Thinking 150 is fair. Located in Mission, but can meet up in the lower mainland.
  3. Skins88

Fished the bell yesterday. 10-1. Very slow. One little nibble. Nothing showing on the screen. Few prawns and crabs to finish up the day.
  4. Skins88

Coop marked gas with ethanol.

Got it. My boats moored and used most of the year. I'm really just thinking about my annual trip to Bamfield. Nice to drive through a gas station and take advantage of the cheaper fuel than at the fuel dock. Gas gets burned up on the 5 day trip.
  5. Skins88

Coop marked gas with ethanol.

Question. If you know you will be burning up a tank of gas in a couple days, is ethanol an issue? I know if the boat is sitting it will attract water.
  6. Skins88

I was out today around that time. Wind came up for sure. Little more than I was expecting.
  7. Skins88

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/pml/boa/d/mission-grady-white-208/7707532479.html
  8. Skins88

Mines been sitting for a while. Had some interest around the boat show. Priced a bit higher than this one, but with the exchange and trailer upgrades that will likely be required maybe not as far off. Also good to avoid the corrosion era Yamaha. Let me know if you are interested when your...
  9. Skins88

No problem. Always good to pad the numbers. Likely running heavy with fuel, ice and passengers for Tuna.
  10. Skins88

The 232. I believe it cruises at 13 gal/hr. Just a guesstimate, but gives you an idea.
  11. Skins88

4 hrs of running at 15 gal/hr = 60 6 hrs trolling at 8 gal/hr = 48 Leaves 30 gallons reserve. Probably a little tight.
  12. Skins88

Wiring/Charging Question

I'll ask again. I thought he said two acr's... I'm a dumb plumber. This reminds me of when my elec and controls subs at work start arguing about who wires what and expect me to tell them what to do. Lol.
  13. Skins88

Wiring/Charging Question

Relays are a couple hundred each, switch is 120, wire, Fuses and 8 hours labour. If I wasn't so busy with work I'd probably take a run at it myself.
  14. Skins88

Wiring/Charging Question

Thanks Ship's and BC Pilot. I'll go with the acr's and new switch. Another example of how great this forum is. You guys are the best. Appreciate the input.
  15. Skins88

Wiring/Charging Question

I think a little redundancy is needed
  16. Skins88

Wiring/Charging Question

So I just had my 05 225 yamahas pulled off my boat and replaced with 12 250 verados. I have 2 starter batteries and 2 house batteries on the boat. With the yamahas everything charged fine. I've found that the house batteries won't charge after the swap. I'm told the yamahas were capable of...
  17. Skins88

Radar Arch recommendations

I bought a fishon arch during covid. Believe it was around 150 bucks to ship and 200 for duty. About 2400 bucks all in. I'm sure they have gone up a bit. Its been good. Have to check that the screws are tight from time to time.
  18. Skins88

be careful when renewing your boat licence

Think he meant pleasure boat license for your boat. Not the operator license. Which I think changed to only being good for 10 years now.
  19. Skins88

Help With Motor Height

I thought you meant I had them trimed all the way down. I think we are on the same page. Raise the motors. Then then wot rpm will likely be to high. Like ships mentioned, 4 blades might be the way to go.
Back