Search results

1. Rain City

C Numbers, Stability Test & Insurance

Hey all, Looking for some real world experience with this. I was given some advice today that the stability test is not a TC requirement for your C numbers. I am not looking to get the blue decal, the goal is to do the minimum required to do the odd trip with paid guests, or to transport...
  2. Rain City

For Sale 1992 Commander 30

Well guys, it's the end of an era. The boat is currently in Powell River having a major repair done that I can't afford. Whoever owns it next will have the luxury of my 5 years of trying to piece together the issues from the previous owner. And now that it's finally done right, I'm in too deep...
  3. Rain City

Bayou Classic 4 Gallon Stainless Fryer

This thing is sweet. I'm only selling because I have two. Takes a whole 16L box of oil to fill but it keeps the temp up like a hot damn. $750 OBO. Pickup in East Van. Bayou Classic 700-701 4-Gallon Bayou Fryer Stainless Steel https://a.co/d/hUhWxYf
  4. Rain City

Gear For Sale! Rods, Reels, Traps

-Penn Squall 30LD with Penn Mariner 6' light halibut rod $250 -Penn Squall 30LW with Penn Squall 6'-6" heavy halibut rod $250 -Shimano Trinidad 16N with Okuma North Pacific 6'-6" light jigging rod (amazing ling setup) $600 -Custom Stryker 3106SH rod @Derby knows more about this thing. Brand...
  5. Rain City

What's For SUPERBOWL?!

What are you guys eating for the game?! We started with chicken and waffles. Chinese coming at 4.
  6. Rain City

Spotted a Pod of White Sided Dolphins in Malasapina

Came across these guys on Friday. Not a shy bunch at all. First time I saw them was in Desolation when they came in, about 200 strong, to the bay we were anchored in. Always a cool sight.
  7. Rain City

Anyone ever seen these white dots on canned salmon?

None of the other jars look like this. Anyone ever seen it? Those are capers on top.
  8. Rain City

Ace Line Hauler - Seized Block

Anyone ever have this happen? Can't get it apart, won't spin. Looks like I'm ordering a new one.
  9. Rain City

Removing Half of Your Two Station Controls

Anyone know if anything negative would come of removing my upper helm controls on my volvo diesels? I just want to get rid of the future problems while I wait for a repower down the road. I don't really ever drive from up top. Seems like ditching it all now might prevent having to deal with a...
  10. Rain City

Smoked Octopus

Didn't do anything differently than my hot smoked salmon. Amazing. Try it. Credit goes to my azzhole buddy that suggested that "we" smoke some salmon together. There wasn't a lot of we going on, but he did insist we try this.
  11. Rain City

Seriously, where are all the smelts?

I tried a new spot yesterday with a big fat zero. Reports are that the regular spots have been dried up for a few years now. Anyone heard of any being caught?
  12. Rain City

1992 Volvo AD41B Engine breaker keeps tripping

Anyone know why this would happen? I lose power to my helm and I have to open the hatch and reset the breaker. It happened here and there before but now it keeps happening. Short somewhere? Bad breaker? How do you go about finding this gremlin?
  13. Rain City

Might Be Looking For a Change

Totally unrelated to fishing, for the most part... So some of you follow me on Social Media and have seen that I recently lost my upcoming project. This is the 5th job in 6 years that had a signed contract, got a permit years later (thanks City of Vancouver), we revised the budget to reflect...
  14. Rain City

Urgent - Looking For Garmin 20⁰ Through-hull

My buddy is in need of a new through hull transducer that was fried during his last service. Boats at JR Marine in Sydney right now and they're hoping to get one in by Friday. Any thoughts?
  15. Rain City

If I was retired, or had a Ron...

Just having some fun. This would be cool.
  16. Rain City

How do you fill holes in starboard?

I just installed my new Nauti table. The stock mount locations didn't work out because my rail doesn't run parralel to the deck. I ended up drilling new holes to mount it nice and straight. So now I have eight 1/2" countersunk holes that I'd like to fill. 5200?
  17. Rain City

The Shimano Conventional Lineup. If You Had To Choose Just Two.

I keep seeing reels come up for sale on here and then going down the rabbit hole of trying to figure out the difference between them. It ends up being like buying golf balls by the description on the back. They're all long, but great for short game. Soft but firm. Delicate but super durable. And...
  18. Rain City

Sold - Two Rods For Sale

I have these two rods for sale. Black one is like new. I bought it off another member and offered him $175 thinking it was a Titan. Not sure how I screwed that up, but I get why he jumped on that offer now. The brown one I used for a couple seasons and is in great shape. BOTH have a replacement...
  19. Rain City

Anyone able to 3D scan and then 3D print in rubber?

Hey guys, I want to re-create a very simple butt end for my rods. A couple fell off and I can't get new ones. It's a mushroom cap basically, very simple. I thought about making a silicone mold but thought this might be another route as well. This is getting real technical... I could also make a...
  20. Rain City

Need Help With My Battery & Charger Setup.

Hey guys, not officially boat related but I think it applies to a lot of boats. This is the setup in my work trailer. I bought this Noco 10×2 charger thinking I'd have 2 batteries, like an idiot. Obviously I hooked them up in parallel and just used one side of the charger on both batteries...
Back