Search results

1. Rain City

Driving an EV pickup

I really don't understand the 0% scam. I was quoted on a new Ram a few years back and it came with 0% financing and the total price was $85k or something. I said "ok I'd actually just like to pay cash". So they came back with a price that was $8k higher. So there is still a financing cost baked...
  2. Rain City

What's for dinner tonight ?

I froze my fillets off the big one I caught. Looking forward to giving it a shot
  3. Rain City

UVIC & SFI Research - Effects of Management Measures

Awesome stuff. Thank you
  4. Rain City

Stearing failure.

My baystar (I think) system just seized up after 4 years. It actually just failed completely the other day. I'll be asking about lube this time.
  5. Rain City

Auto PFDs

Works like a hot damn
  6. Rain City

Canucks 2023-2024 season

Shut up
  7. Rain City

Auto PFDs

The old timers on here taught me a trick using the rod tip to scoop the clip out of the water. Then you lift the rod up which allows the clip to slide right down to you. It's fun to practice and get good at. Looks pro.
  8. Rain City

22ft Outrage w/whaler drive - restoration

What did you seal with after?
  9. Rain City

Makita 18V Tool Set

I own 15 of the 40V ones now. Might sell them and buy a Coastal Craft. They promise the nailer is coming!!!
  10. Rain City

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Well that's why I'm kind of reluctant right now. I don't want to be boatless and the used market sucks.
  11. Rain City

Haven't listed it beyond that first post here and one on the Commander Facebook page. No real listing as of yet. Had a couple guys interested but needing to sell their boats for top dollar as well
  12. Rain City

Windlass questions..

Flaking, that's the word.
  13. Rain City

Looks cold and noisy to me lol.
  14. Rain City

Windlass questions..

This is so much better than my wife knocking it down manually. Genius.
  15. Rain City

Makita 18V Tool Set

I went from yellow to blue to red, back to yellow and now to blue again. They sure do know their market. We've actually landed on yellow for finishing and blue for framing (plus green actually). Ugh.
  16. Rain City

Canucks 2023-2024 season

I damn near had a heart attack. I'm not ready for this
  17. Rain City

2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

They weren't around in numbers until June last year. Like most years. Not to dissuade anyone from brining the gear for a few hours though. I've seen the odd one earlier.
  18. Rain City

Bubba Blade knives review-my first impressions

No that was just me saying he was gone from the forum. Sorry, probably not a great way to have put it.
  19. Rain City

Cuts of meat on sale

That's a crazy deal
  20. Rain City

Gardening pics, hacks, successes, and or failures

I had three trays in a row die in the mech room with lights. I gave up on the seeding soil and I'm now trying a blend and just going by the window.
Back