Search results

1. bigdogg1

Looking for rods, reels, riggers, and maybe more…

Hi all, my son’s Campion Fishing Machine is missing a few things … like everything listed above 😅 If you are planning on upgrading this Fall, he is looking for: Trolling rods 10’6” Reels (Amundsen, Trophy, Islander) Scotty’s (1101, 1106, 2106) Net If you have anything else, shoot me pm Thanks!
  2. bigdogg1

Campion gas fill cap

I have seen this issue on many Campions. The white flip up gas fill lid loses its ability to stay closed. I have looked at perko, Atwood, sea dog, etc. None of these would appear to work. With all the Campion owners on here, this must have been remedied somehow. What have people done?
  3. bigdogg1

ISO Campion fishing machine

Let me know if you are afflicted with 2’itis. My kid is looking at either the 16 or 19 foot models. He had a line on a nice 16 but it puts him just past his 12k max. If you have or know of one , send me a pm. TIA
  4. bigdogg1

For a Peetz collector

Saw this today. Interesting extension on the reel to increase retrieval ratio. NB. Still okay to open German FB link 👍 https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1099494710752506/?paipv=0&eav=AfasA_S_8vHuiHbDtrecRzxFQWXzW83PQ6Vv3htVANmSSnzsNw1pUHbXL6AXFvW5Hps&_rdr
  5. bigdogg1

2004 Suzuki 140 corrosion?

My son has been looking at a CC 19' with a 2004 Suzuki 140. There are no gauges to indicate hrs but owner has stated 900. The hull is in good shape but the leg of the kicker is corroding from the outside and the attached picture of the port side of the main concerns me. I have always believed...
  6. bigdogg1

Ignition key needs to held on

Asking for a friend. Mid power outboard starts fine but key has to be held to stay on. From what I understand, it turns back to off when released. Spring issue? Easy fix? Replace the switch? Thanks
  7. bigdogg1

German Facebook link?

Need IT help :) . For the last year or so, every Facebook link posted this site appears as if it came from Germany! I finally had the guts months ago to click one and they open as expected. I just posted our boat, linking the Facebook link, only to be informed they look German as well. WTF...
  8. bigdogg1

23' SeaSwirl Striper for Sale

I have put up our Striper recently on Marketplace. Has had some interest but would like to move it along. It is presently set at $69,900 completely turn-key. Likely going to remove a few items (ie 1106 D/R's) and drop price to $64,900 this weekend. Will be doing this in a few days but...
  9. bigdogg1

Yamaha 250 for parts (2K?). - SOLD

So, if you followed an earlier thread of mine, you will know that our <400 hour Yamaha 250 decided to have a bearing issue. This caused it to start, run, then continually go into Safety mode. We decided to repower and have done such. I now have a Yamaha 250 up for parts, or if someone has a...
  10. bigdogg1

Respect for the wiring techs on this Grady!

Just took a few minutes to watch this restoration job. Appreciate the gelcoat repair and the unique wood-burning techniques but really impressed by the wiring renovation on this Grady! (I turned down my volume - you'll understand).
  11. bigdogg1

Help me spend/save my money

Okay, so stuff happens. We had another fantastic year on the water - great fishing etc. Over the last 6 months or so, we decided to move into a different boating direction; one that allows for more overnighting and cruising. Therefore boat is about to go for sale (23 Striper, 250 Yamaha, 9.9...
  12. bigdogg1

Ken Douglas 12' Clinker Boat Paint and Varnish?

I am looking for advice from any wooden boat owners. We are extremely fortunate to own a beautiful 12' Ken Douglas wooden rowboat built in the 1980's. It is is fairly good shape and I spent parts of this weekend scraping and sanding the hull and the interior. I have a few places where I will...
  13. bigdogg1

Flat Bedding a boat and trailer from back east?

Starting to look around for another boat and have seen a few from Ontario and further east that might check some boxes. Does anyone here have any experience or suggestions about the cost of bringing a 26-30' boat to BC on a flat bed from there? Would think that would be a safer bet than simply...
  14. bigdogg1

Question for Stealth rod holder users

Bought one last week along with a Scotty gear adapter. Absolutely buried the Stealth into the Scotty adapter and screwed onto boom mount. 5 minutes in, the Stealth spun in the adapter while trolling and rod/reel turned 90 degrees straight back. . Could have been not quite seated down into the...
  15. bigdogg1

Safety reminder

Hello, one of the first rules of fly fishing is to wear glasses. We were playing a nice one this morning and just before it was netted, the plug came out and smacked me a good one. Just a flesh wound but could have been bad had it hit lower.
  16. bigdogg1

French Creek Whale Watching Clowns

Anybody know the business that runs the whale watching boats that run out of French Creek. Put in around 6 tonight, cruised out of the launch at lowest throttle to avoid wake on the marina etc. Jackass in whale boat flies past us on my starboard side, still well inside the marine/breakwater...
  17. bigdogg1

Dirt bike transport?

Have been riding dirt bikes for awhile now. May go the dual sport route because of the loading / unloading need. Right now, I have a long box with a 6’ trifold ramp. It’s too short or I am too weak. One of our bikes is 300+ and cannot always find a hill to back to. I find single ramps too...
  18. bigdogg1

Kettle River spoon?

Does anybody have one? Would you be willing to part with it? thanks
  19. bigdogg1

Guest battery switch $20

Replaced this switch with a Blue Sea system after buying the boat. Solid detects between the 4 positions. Noticed on nut is off one post at the back. Located near Parksville.
  20. bigdogg1

Clean out internal cooling tubes?

I have 3 symptoms that I am trying to remedy: The motor cowling seemed hotter than typical after recent outings The telltale seems less than usual The motor is running a bit rougher I have put a pipe up the telltale to clean out any junk. I have replaced my impeller/housing/water pump...
Back