3. bigdogg1

Tell Your Best Joke

Reminded me of the Shamrock Mackinaw in here years ago 😀
  4. bigdogg1

Poppy avatar suggestion

Awesome idea 👏. Thanks for the idea.
  5. bigdogg1

Aluminum Boats with Nice Interiors

X2. I have been able to watch the design and build process of a few Walker interiors. Really nice attention to detail.
  6. bigdogg1

Looking for rods, reels, riggers, and maybe more…

Hi all, my son’s Campion Fishing Machine is missing a few things … like everything listed above 😅 If you are planning on upgrading this Fall, he is looking for: Trolling rods 10’6” Reels (Amundsen, Trophy, Islander) Scotty’s (1101, 1106, 2106) Net If you have anything else, shoot me pm Thanks!
  7. bigdogg1

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

In addition to the price, it appears to be well-looked after. This is truly a perfect starter boat for sure. Wonder if it goes by the weekend? Sales overall appear to be slowing.
  8. bigdogg1

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

We were looking real hard. Took a few trips to the states, mainland, and up/ down the island. Seems to be a large void between the 60-65K range and then all the way to the 100+K level (for what we were looking at). Played the champagne-taste on a beer-budget game and realized we are pretty...
  9. bigdogg1

Campion gas fill cap

I have seen this issue on many Campions. The white flip up gas fill lid loses its ability to stay closed. I have looked at perko, Atwood, sea dog, etc. None of these would appear to work. With all the Campion owners on here, this must have been remedied somehow. What have people done?
  10. bigdogg1

Ignition key needs to held on

Hey SH, I have always found FF to be a great rust inhibitor for electrical connections but it is also an attractant for dust and grit etc. Do you mean FF on the wire connections?
  11. bigdogg1

What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Used It :D! We have been babying the boat since putting it up for sale. However, this stretch of weather is just too enticing to continue to simply wash and clean. Water at FC was fantastic and we threw back a ton small coho. More interested in giving the new-to-boat a good trial and was...
  12. bigdogg1

So a little further investigation. Key engages starter, motor starts as expected, then may or may not continue to run as normal. Once in awhile, releasing the key in the start position does result on the motor turning off. Six wires coming out the back of the switch - White, Black, Grey...
  13. bigdogg1

ISO Campion fishing machine

Thanks for the links and offers. Looks like he made a deal on a 19 he found. Picking it up tomorrow. Fun watching him start to add up the real cost of boat ownership 😀
  14. bigdogg1

ISO Campion fishing machine

Let me know if you are afflicted with 2’itis. My kid is looking at either the 16 or 19 foot models. He had a line on a nice 16 but it puts him just past his 12k max. If you have or know of one , send me a pm. TIA
  15. bigdogg1

For a Peetz collector

Saw this today. Interesting extension on the reel to increase retrieval ratio. NB. Still okay to open German FB link 👍 https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1099494710752506/?paipv=0&eav=AfasA_S_8vHuiHbDtrecRzxFQWXzW83PQ6Vv3htVANmSSnzsNw1pUHbXL6AXFvW5Hps&_rdr
  16. bigdogg1

2004 Suzuki 140 corrosion?

My son has been looking at a CC 19' with a 2004 Suzuki 140. There are no gauges to indicate hrs but owner has stated 900. The hull is in good shape but the leg of the kicker is corroding from the outside and the attached picture of the port side of the main concerns me. I have always believed...
  17. bigdogg1

Asking for a friend. Mid power outboard starts fine but key has to be held to stay on. From what I understand, it turns back to off when released. Spring issue? Easy fix? Replace the switch? Thanks
Back