Search results

1. hambone

Aftermarket Controls

Looking for a review on aftermarket controls? There’s a few different options for sale on places like Amazon. For reference… https://www.facebook.com/share/Ta1SyuP9Qpb184BJ/?mibextid=79PoIi Anyone? Thanks in advance
  2. hambone

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/oAa6iGdiq4EDK6Bc/?mibextid=79PoIi I’m a little confused by this one. Doesn’t look like a legit Wolf Aluminum.
  3. hambone

Big Fish - Big Spoons or Plugs?

A flasher hootchie combo is probably the answer here in my opinion. Catches fish year round including the bigs. Not my favourite way to fish, but hard to argue with how versatile and productive it is.
  4. hambone

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

https://www.facebook.com/share/SaYfmERjc69MZEzE/?mibextid=79PoIi
  5. hambone

Tomic plugs

Giving new life to an old thread. Has anyone had much success fishing a Lucky Louie plug? These seem to have value as a collectors item.
  6. hambone

2023 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Caught two little slot fish 55’ and 75’ around 12-1pm off the breakwater. One on rubber the other on metal. Perfect size for kids, my 6 year old was part of the performance in landing both. Are these net pen returns? Like others, ours were identical in size, unclipped.
  7. hambone

Daiwa Saltist 4500

Near new Daiwa Saltist 4500 spinning reel Comes with box, aftermarket handle and original. Located in Victoria. $200
  8. hambone

WTB chartplotter

Looking for a new or used chartplottter. Going on a smaller boat, so looking for a relatively compact unit. Let me know if you have anything. A perfect opportunity to sell what you have and upgrade!? Located in Victoria. Thanks
  9. hambone

Lets see some of your tomics

This is my winter spring line up. The 118 has out produced the others for me, it’s the 5th from the top.
  10. hambone

2021 Port Renfrew Reports

Quick Tuesday evening, Wednesday morning trip for us. Slow and inconsistent but still some very scrappy Chinook around. Bait and hootchies for us.
  11. hambone

2021 Port Renfrew Reports

With all the road construction via highway 14/sooke is the preferred route to Renfrew going Lake Cowichan?? leaving from Victoria
  12. hambone

Hoochies

You’ll catch fish with every suggestion above. That being said I’m one of those who removes everything off the back of the flasher other than the ring. Berkeley snap, 40# line to a single quality 4/0 octopus hook. Very simple set up that works well. A nice trick to measuring leader length, hook...
  13. hambone

Islander MR2 LA

Selling a pair of gold MR2-LA reels. They have been used very lightly, rinsed after every use and are in mint condition. EDIT—— REELS HAVE SOLD
  14. hambone

2020 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

We fished Mitchell Bay a few times over the past week and found enough fish to keep coming back. Chinook action was all tight to the kelp trolling in 50-65’ of water with gear close to the bottom. green/yellow spoons and hootchies. it’s been flat calm for most of the day lately with no fog.
  15. hambone

2020 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

Bump. hows fishing out of Alder Bay/Telegraph Cove?
  16. hambone

Best Cellphone reception

Telus has by far the best and it’s not even close with any of the others.
  17. hambone

Double eagle @ Sandheads

Lumpy this morning, once the ebb kicks in it might be ok
Back