Search results

1. mayday

Lucky Lager

My avatar speaks for me :) (although when I splurge I like a Hoyne Chec half dark
  2. mayday

2023 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

actually currently out there now. Tons of activity on the sounder, not as much actually biting though. Have 1 nice keeper spring, but a bit more surprising, also i nice pacific cod. I have occasionally caught them off kitty, never in this before. Both near the bell buoy in 125ft of water
  3. mayday

2023 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

while i cant comment on the catching with a rod yet, i was out playing on the wingfoil out front of the boat launch today, and the pinks are everywhere, jumping like crazy - and under the you cant make this **** up category, i managed to nearly slice one in half with the foil! I briefly...
  4. mayday

Desolation Sounds Beaches

no beaches in either of those two. In fact not much inside desolation proper - your best bet is Savory, Harwood etc. BTW, some good prawning in Tenodos but finding the correct depth can take a bit of time.
  5. mayday

in fact picked up a nice clipped coho at Kitty this am. Lots of fish actually, and also lots of annoying as **** weed in the water. Aside from the cohos, also had several spring and quite a few doggies.
  6. mayday

Shoot through hull transducer mounting help

the one requirement is that whatever you use to stick it down should be as bubble free as possible - thats why 4200 or sikaflex are typically used.
  7. mayday

Halibut Anchoring System - $500

Just a minor clarification - that's a Bruce style not Danforth ( and if original, much better than Danforth in that application )
  8. mayday

FishAssassin needs a Big Shout Out Right Now.

Just for arguments sake (and before this thread, like every other "controversial" one gets shut down) though - didn't the kid just knock on the door and try to run away? Haven't kids for decades been doing this? Hell, I remember doing it 50 years ago - although we used to call it "nicky nicky...
  9. mayday

Marine Engine Oil

some real world testing
  10. mayday

Mercury Vesselview mobile

I use it constantly to get the real time temps/accurate RPM and fuel burn on my smaller 50 - one caveat though - since I have it on whenever the engine is on, it actually caused a sceen image burn on my samsung phone. Got so bad I finally had to get a new phone (kept the old one to use...
  11. mayday

Reducing fuel spills at the dock

Ive been using one for a couple of years now for the diesel on the sailboat - works like a charm - especially since diesel pumps always seemed to be be turned up way to fast for my measly 60l tank! Diesel also seems to foam excessively compared to gas. I've probably helped the company sell...
  12. mayday

Surveyor recommendations

Another thumbs up for him - he did a couple for me - definitely knew his business and very professional.
  13. mayday

Surveyor recommendations

i had one done by him a couple of years ago for the sailboat and was VERY disappointed. He made various "recommendations" but he couldnt/wouldnt back them up with references to actual regulations or specifications - lots of vague "because i said so" type of things. And this was on a boat that...
  14. mayday

What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Thanks for that reminder - I bought a new Tuff 4 years ago, and not having a flat yet, never occurred to me to check. They all came off, but 2 were suspiciously obstinate that I think another year would have had a very different result - i.e the neighbors learning new curse words!.
  15. mayday

2022 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Still some nice fish around - got a fat 74cm chinook off Kitty this morning. 220' on the rigger, silver/green spoon. At times was hard to move with all the feeding humpbacks around.
  16. mayday

2022 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

I got out there for a couple of hours this morning - saw lots of action on the sounder, but after running everything I had in the tacklebox, not a bite. Was a few other boats out there, and pretty sure I saw a net out, so maybe was just me getting skunked. It usually is reasonable fishing...
  17. mayday

Parking and launch to access Hornby Island

They are currently doing road widening along that whole road, so parking might be affected.
  18. mayday

Knot in anchor chain

Hmm, i'd heard that's a thing, but as someone who uses their anchor to keep the family safely tucked away for the night, last thing i'd want is that safety dependant on a zap strap!
  19. mayday

Knot in anchor chain

Just to derail this slightly, but why do you have the shackle at the back of the anchor?
Back