Search results

1. D

US boat purchase.( another issue)

I’ve bought a few boats in the US. Bringing a boat back from the US isn’t an issue. The trailer is the issue. All you need to do is prove the trailer meets Canadian standards. The trailer must have visible Serial Number with a model number on it. You must also have a letter from the trailer...
  2. D

Rod tension

Just curious what’s everyone’s thought on how tight to load up your rods on the DR clip. Only reason I ask is I noticed last week at Nootka lots of guys troll with what seems like very little tension on the rods. Just seems like the hook up ratio decreases without the rod bent over with a lot of...
  3. D

2023 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Just got back from a week at Nootka. Stayed at Moucha Bay and its outstanding as usual. Got there Sat Aug 12th by noonish. Set up camp and in the water by 3pm fishing was lights out in the bay. Had 4 in the box by 4pm. 51 fish to the boat by the end of Tuesday. 3.5 days of fishing in the bay...
  4. D

2023 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Typically the gill netters set up in the corner before Moucha bay. Either way I’ll be there Saturday for a week.
  5. D

West Coast Guide Certifications

Thanks guys
  6. D

West Coast Guide Certifications

Just curious what a fishing guide is required to have for certifications?
  7. D

2022 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Just finished up a weeks stay at Moucha Bay. Fishing was kinda slow. We caught fish everywhere we went. Was a little concerned about our dates this year as I’ve only fished as late as Aug long weekend. Managed 3 limits of springs, lings and bottom fish with only a few cohos. All cohos were...
  8. D

Fraser River in Prince George

Anyone have any experience fishing the Fraser in Prince George? Dropping off my kid at university there on the long weekend and was wondering if I should bring along some fishing gear. Google hasn’t been very informative on this. Any help would be great.
  9. D

2021 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Nope, not us. Checked out our Hali cause it was just on the line and checked our salmon and hooks for barbs and a decending device. Never asked for any safety equipment. He was just hanging inside friendly bay waiting for boats to go by. He only spent 5-10 min with the boats he pulled over...
  10. D

Just got back from Nootka. Stayed at Moucha and the accommodations were spectacular as always. Fishing never got super hot for us. From Wash to Maquinna was the most productive for us with the clear UV flash fly being the hot lure again. All fish were caught on bottom, was a tough week for...
  11. D

Very nice fish, unfortunately I know for a fact those guys can’t drink:)
  12. D

Navionics Question

So just picked up a extra used Lowrance unit for the boat. It came with a Nav card but the card definitely needs a update. Since I have a account for updating my other card can I update my new card as well? Every time I try it’s asking me for $99USD. Just wondering if anyone else with 2 cards or...
  13. D

I've been out to Nootka 9 times in the last 5 years. and always been skunked on halibut till this year in late April...literally jigging a 6oz Deep Mac in 60ft of water for bottoms in front of the light house and caught my first ever Hali...go figure. I've heard all stories about guys picking up...
  14. D

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I litterally just bought that exact boat in January. The owner bought it new from Monties Marine in Duncan and I have the original bill of sale he gave me with a 15hp merc kicker for $59,000 all in. People have lost there minds.
  15. D

very nice, you guys have gas at the lodge?
  16. D

Is it worth salmon fishing at the end of the month? Got a new boat and I gotta try it out. Kinda going stir crazy. Was thinking of heading out for a week. Prawning I’m thinking should be good. I notice the ling fishing is currently closed. Any idea when it opens?
  17. D

Navionics help

Ya this particular spot says anchorage area - Unrestricted
  18. D

Navionics help

Not sure if this helps
  19. D

Navionics help

Gents, I notice that there’s a “Anchor Symbol” on many areas of the West Coast. Many times there is some odd spots with over 150ft depths. Was wondering it this symbol may or could mean it’s a anchoring/mooring buoy? Looking at spontaneous trip to Nootka In May and was just gonna sleep in the...
  20. D

Cabins for Sale

A Cabins for Rent would be nice to have as well.
Back