Search results

1. D

Skating dry flies for rainbow trout

Hey guys, I finally got around to cutting up some video from a trip to alaska last summer. We ended up getting on a couple pretty sweet bites just before the sockeye started showing up. The rainbows were feeding pretty heavily on sockeye salmon fry and they were busting on our sockeye fry...
  2. D

Mothership Steelhead Excursion

Thats awesome man what a place to explore eh! The mothership sure seems like the most effective way to get after it!
  3. D

Mothership Steelhead Excursion

Hey guys, This past spring I had the opportunity to capture a Unique steelhead outfitter in South East Alaska. With only 4 days and dozens of coastal tributaries to explore, our outfitter deployed us to 6 systems in specific that held the highest chance for us to connect. Greg was born and...
  4. D

Stripping Streamers for Fall Bull Trout

Hey guys, I made it out to the west to visit our buddies again this fall and we got into some great bull trout action stripping streamers. This clip was the second instalment of a 2 part series from our trip. Part one was on the columbia river chasing red band rainbow trout which you can find...
  5. D

trout on streamers

thanks for the views boys :)
  6. D

trout on streamers

Hey guys, Our season just opened for trout here in zone 20 in Ontario and i managed to get into a few good pods of kelts making their way back to the lake. I fished mostly green wooly buggers and played with some smaller tubes and a prawn variant i tied on a size 2 iron. I was having a tough...
  7. D

Fly Fishing Still Water for Big Trout

Hey Rob I stayed at Northern Lights Lodge the Lakes we're not clarified due to privacy reasons but they were all on private owners land from what I remember because we would always drive through someone's driveway to get to the back Lake.
  8. D

First Ever Multiplier Mooching Reel

Thank you guys for all the feedback. Interesting to see the varying opinions! Dan
  9. D

I will shoot the idea over to the creator! Thanks for the feedback. Dan
  10. D

I asked the creator to make a "freespool" setting within the drag and it worked out great for dropping baits down
  11. D

Better performance while maintaining the essence of what a mooching reel is. Watching guys reel after a fish on a 1 to 1 is comical. Looks like they are going to pop a nut trying to keep up with their fish and with barbless operations out west I cant even imagine how many fish are dropped...
  12. D

Il be curious to see how the reel performs on its third season. We run charters on Lake Ontario and average about 225 to 250 trips between 2 boats so rest assured these reels got good field testing!
  13. D

Yeah the drag adjustment is on the opposite side of the retrieve handles. I havent had any troubles adjusting drag and once it's set it stays consistent. The reel Is interchangable aswell from left to right. Dan
  14. D

Such a good point! Full disclaimer on the creeping topic aswell: never encountered creeping and the drag is much sharper than any islander I've ever had the chance to fish.
  15. D

Not yet. This reel has been built for the great lakes to start. This was only to test the waters and see if there is interest in this concept. He will be looking for guides on the west coast to test the reel in the next year once we get a result of interest on the great lakes. If you have...
  16. D

I sent that over to the owner of the company! Thank you for that feed back Rickfish!
  17. D

Do some background research on the company and you will be pleasantly suprised on how "Proven" the company is. One of the more talented reel makers here in North America but il let his website and products do the talking. He started making reels back in 1995 aswell.
  18. D

Hey guys, the past 2 years I had the chance to work on something really cool with a custom reel maker. Its a 2:1 gear ratio Mooching reel. Check out the knuckle busting session at the end aswell to see how the kick back is. significantly less "dangerous" haha Does something like this...
Back