Search results

1. Scorpiofisher

kyuquot Reports

Don’t quote me but I think the inside waters of Kyuquot Sound close July 15 to all fin fishing. At least they have historically. Might want to check that before going.
  2. Scorpiofisher

2020 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Yep they seem to love my bait as well. As said, great for the future but super frustrating now.
  3. Scorpiofisher

2020 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Coho Point was really good a couple nights ago. Lots of bait, lots of fish and lots of boats.
  4. Scorpiofisher

Fish on board without license holder

Straight from DFO website: To transport another person's sport caught fish, you must carry a letter from that person with their signature and Tidal Waters Sport Fishing Licence number, stating you are authorized to transport the fish. The letter must state: - The fisher's name - Complete...
  5. Scorpiofisher

Alberni Inlet

Think you got that backwards brah. Wind almost always blows up the canal towards Port on warm sunny days. Valley heating causes it.
  6. Scorpiofisher

Alberni Inlet

At least you'll be going the right way. Totally doable, but it will be lumpy. Find a bigger boat and tuck in behind.
  7. Scorpiofisher

2020 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Looks awesome Trophywife!!
  8. Scorpiofisher

Licenses and Salmon stamp fee increases--- 2020

Make it $80 with the other $10 for purchasing long term halibut quota. Oh and I’d gladly pay another $10 to mark all hatchery salmon for a mark selective fishery. That’s $90. Can’t even get a day pass at the local ski hill for that price.
  9. Scorpiofisher

March 31 - July 15 Salmon Restrictions

I'm not sure I get your point here ILHG? I don't live where it's red. I didn't vote red...and it seems most along the coast also didn't vote red. Yet we will still likely face the same restrictions in the upcoming year. Are you suggesting that voting for a colour other than blue is a vote for...
  10. Scorpiofisher

Coastal Returns 2019

I'm really curious to hear those results as well SG. I have some serious concerns about what the outcomes of that program will be over the long term.
  11. Scorpiofisher

Prawn Limit Decreased to 125 April 1st 2020

Sport sector needs to lawyer up I think. The only way we get a voice is to go get it ourselves. The government has a history of losing court cases....remember Alexandra Morton. And if nothing else, it will help shine a light on the mismanagement of our pacific fisheries.
  12. Scorpiofisher

First Ice Rainbows Hair Jigs and Jigging Jaw Jacker

Great video's FishDoc. Just curious what the rule is for the number of rods a guy can use when ice fishing?
  13. Scorpiofisher

Cabo bound

How'd the trip go? Been thinking about doing this trip for a while but would love to hear some first hand reviews!!
  14. Scorpiofisher

IPHC Halibut Forecast - further declines

I think there is value in trying to push something like the halibut stamp through if possible. I know DFO probably wouldn't want to tackle it, but there has to be some kind of workaround. It's the long term I'm worried about as we continue to go down this road. I totally agree with what...
  15. Scorpiofisher

IPHC Halibut Forecast - further declines

Is there any long term strategy being looked at help solve this issue? It seems there's a fair bit of effort being put forward to solve "next years" TAC issue, but what about a long term strategy where rec anglers get more quota. I know it's not a popular option, but what about a Halibut Stamp...
  16. Scorpiofisher

Any Information on Fishing in Mexico

I was just down in Mexico for a wedding a few weeks ago. We stayed at the Iberostar just north of Playa del Carmen. We chartered 2 boat with Dream Catcher out of Puerto Morelos. Cost was $800 US for an 8 hour fishing day per boat....tips on top of that are always encouraged. It's not...
  17. Scorpiofisher

Cowichan Lake

Just wanted to give a heads-up that Provincial Fisheries were out on Cowichan Lake last week targeting cutthroat trout for another tagging study. They are offering a reward ($100) for anyone who captures a tagged fish on Cowichan Lake, just like the Horne and Comox programs. If you don't want...
  18. Scorpiofisher

2019 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Totally agree about the picture of the little guy. Great video DDT. One of the best part of fishing is sharing it with family and the next generation.
  19. Scorpiofisher

The No-Fall Zone

Not boating related, but I'd of lost my dog a few years ago if not for my Inreach. Worth every penny.
  20. Scorpiofisher

Bleeding salmon on small boat

I've seen a few guys use a bigger piece of PVC pipe with a treaded cap glued on one end for easy cleaning. Guess its taller than a bucket so the fish doesn't come out.
Back