Search results

1. L

Fishing with Rod speaks out about FIRST NATIONS' FOOD FISHERIES

Even 1 fish per day in the Cow Bay/Sansum Narrows area would be great
  2. L

Port alberni Inlet massacre

Time for DFO to be held accountable! There is no reason that more than double the TAC should taken. It is time to get rid of all net fisheries and go to troll fisheries. This is not rocket science, give the fish a chance!!
  3. L

In river netting pics

This should be all over the news, but no one will even look at it because of a fear that they will be considered racist. The nets have got to be removed from the river and a more selective, sustainable form of fishing implemented.
  4. L

2020 Port Renfrew Reports

Tough, bad luck day for us on Sunday. Had a couple low 20s spit the hooks right at the boat and missed a handful of other bites that missed the hooks. The most frustrating part of the day was having someone drive over a really good fish and snap it off. Thanks to the boats that were courteous...
  5. L

Squamish Chum Closed to Retention

This is getting to be absolutely ridiculous! An obvious conservation concern, but wait lets unleash the nets. One set of rules for all!!!
  6. L

FN want sports fishing closed.

Nothing but greed here!! There is no way conservation is being considered with all of the netting going on.
  7. L

Dip netting at it's finest

Absolutely disgraceful!!! Stewards of the land hey. People who respect the resource get shut down for most of the summer, only to have this garbage go on.
  8. L

Announcement today 10 am "Coastal First Nations regarding community-based fisheries."

Looks like they signed an agreement for more access to commercial fishing opportunities.
  9. L

First Nations call for closure of Recreational Chinook fishery.

It is the 21st century, it is beyond me that more selective fishing methods are not being implemented. Get the nets out of the water!!
  10. L

2019 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Come on really? How is there any disrespect olde school? I don't see any one asking for coordinates or specifics, why even make that post then about the sound producing limits? People are just curious and happy to see posts
  11. L

Someone got a response

Seems the mandate of DFO is to tell bold faced lies these days!! I agree with the point that if so few fish are required, why are alternative fishing techniques not being considered. Get the nets out of the water and give the fish a chance!
  12. L

Chief of Haida Gwaii First Nations and Group Calling for Seal/Sea Lion Quota

If they are wanting to film seals/sea lions feeding on salmon go to Cowichan Bay.
  13. L

Strategy for the Northern and Southern Resident Killer Whales

https://globalnews.ca/news/4498204/study-pollutants-pcbs-greatest-threat-orca/ This was an interesting read!
  14. L

Strategy for the Northern and Southern Resident Killer Whales

Good points Jackel! As a biologist myself it is concerning that all of the reporting seems to focus entirely on chinook abundance as opposed to all of the different issues the whales face. Are the chinook runs what they used to be, no they are not, but when this story is covered on the news, not...
  15. L

Like usual nothing will be done and this is reconciliation at its best!!!
  16. L

2018 Port Renfrew Reports

Used to fish the back side kelp beds of Separation Point in Cowichan Bay with cut-plugs and hammer springs!!! Caught my first spring at camper creek on a cut-plug, oh times have sure changed.
  17. L

Halibut opening

No wonder there is a lack of recruitment of smaller fish.
  18. L

Lame

This goes on all the time, and yet it seems people wonder why stocks are in trouble for all species. This day in age such acts are simply disgusting!!!
  19. L

HALIBUT CLOSURE

That is a good article fishbadger. Very poor management to say the least! Treat the area like a rockfish conservation area like they do here in BC and prohibit all fishing. Until big money is not the number 1 priority there will be no change and fish stocks will continue to decline.
  20. L

Sockeye recommended for listing under species at risk

I have said it before with the Thompson Steelhead, there are several factors at play here, but with all of the netting that goes on in the Fraser there will soon be no fish! Do away with the nets!
Back