Search results

1. Brian Reiber

Transducer Recommendations

I'm looking for a transducer for a HDS 7. I don't find the P66 to be that great. Any other recommendations.
  2. Brian Reiber

Smoker Suggestions

Well, I think it's time to consider a new smoker. I've been smoking salmon for years with a couple of little chiefs. Along the way I added a Masterbuilt propane smoker as well. Things worked great for the most part, the little chiefs worked great for smoked salmon and Indian Candy albeit a...
  3. Brian Reiber

Help with bacon

Hi folks, I know many of you here have been making bacon for awhile. After a successful adventure into pepperoni, sausages, and salamis I'm now going to give bacon a try. I've looked through some of the threads here and I've gone ahead with a simple dry rub with salt, demerara sugar, maple...
  4. Brian Reiber

WTB40-50hp Tiller

Looking for a fairly new and near pristine condition 40 or 50hp with tiller (prefer 40). I'm actually trying to buy new but stock is so limited that I'll consider a really nice used one.
  5. Brian Reiber

Overnighting on a Gulf Stream

Have any of the Grady folks overnighted on their Gulfstream's? Michael and I really like them and think they are near perfect for our needs. However, there is one pretty big trade off....that weird bunk bed cuddy configuration. The highlight of my fishing season is our 4 night trip to WH where...
  6. Brian Reiber

WTB 23'-26'

Sadly it looks like the DE will be on to a new home this weekend. I wish we could have found a slightly larger boat to transfer our nearly new Suzuki DF250 on to but that didn't pan out. In the meantime the search continues. Looking for a 23-26' boat. Walkarounds preferred. Looking at...
  7. Brian Reiber

Pepperoni Tips

Hello, I'm looking for some help with making pepperoni. I've been smoking salmon for years and have that dialed in but today was our first foray into pepperoni. I picked up a 1/2hp Pro Series DC grinder from Cabela's last week. It's a nice machine and it works well but I wish I had bucked up...
  8. Brian Reiber

Podding a Striper

Has anyone here podded a Seaswirl Striper 2301 (or seen one that has been done)? I came across a 2006 2301 Alaskan with a blown inboard. The boat ticks a lot of the boxes for the current 2 footitis predicament that we find ourselves in. However, the inboard is a hard no for us. We would have...
  9. Brian Reiber

Jigging Herring

Looking for some help from any of you who have experience jigging their own herring. I went to French Creek yesterday as I had heard of some recent successes jigging for herring off the breakwater. Unfortunately it was slow and I only caught one. That was actually pretty good as most got...
  10. Brian Reiber

What do I do with all these Tuna????

So thanks to an amazing first attempt at Tuna with my son Michael we are drowning in Tuna. So what do you guys do with yours? We have loined 16 Tuna. I will can quite a bit. I will keep some in loins and I will likely hot smoke or candy a bit as well. What do the Tuna guys on here do with...
  11. Brian Reiber

2lb and 3lb weights

I decided to melt up some lead today and get ready for our upcoming Winter Harbour trip. I have some surplus 2lb and 3 lb weights. 3lb weights - $5 2 lb weights $4 15 lb balls are all spoken for. Cheers, Brian (250)618-3655
  12. Brian Reiber

Suzuki DF250AP rigging

Does anyone here have any experience rigging the newer Suzuki's? I have a brand new 2016 DF250 fly by wire and I am determined to get it up and running myself. I have rigged many motors myself but this new technology has me stumped on a few points. If you have some experience please pm me...
  13. Brian Reiber

Buying an outboard at the Boat SHow

Has anyone made a large purchase like a boat or an outboard at the boat show? I'm shopping for a 200-250 outboard and have hit up all the local shops in the central island. Everyone says that they offer boat show pricing. I'm curious if that is a fair statement or if it is worth spending a...
  14. Brian Reiber

Yamaha F200 Reviews

Our used motor search doesn't seem to be turning up what we want and going new is starting to look like the only solution. Hopefully there will be some boat show specials that we can capitalize on. Does anyone have experience with the Yamaha F200. It is intriguing for our setup due to it's...
  15. Brian Reiber

Used Outboards Saanich

Hi folks, I probably shouldn't be posting this in a public forum but here goes. We are having trouble fining a replacement outboard and I see that Mario in Saanich does have at least 1. I have read on here and heard first hand from his customers nothing but horror stories. Doses anyone on...
  16. Brian Reiber

Wanted 225-300hp outboard

Happy New Years everyone. Still look g for a good used 225-300hp outboard. Looking for a low hour clean unit. No projects. Thanks, Brian
  17. Brian Reiber

ISO of 225 or 250 4 stroke

Looking to see what's out there. Ideally a 225 but will look at 250's. Prefer Yami or Suzuki. Will also consider Honda. Need a 25" shaft
  18. Brian Reiber

14-16' Boat Cover

Brand new in box never used. Contact me and I'll send you a couple of pics. Brian (250)618-3655
  19. Brian Reiber

Transom Saver

Bought this new a few years ago and never used it. Moved on to a different boat and have no use for it. If you interested send me an email address or phone number and I'll send a photo. I don't have time to deal with the red banner tonight. $25 cheers, Brian (250)618-3655
  20. Brian Reiber

Boat Repaint

Does anyone know of a reliable and reasonable painter on Vancouver Island? Toying with the idea of a repaint. Stripping the bottom paint and restoring the gel coat finish would be ideal but that's a lot of work and likely not feasible. The next best option is to repaint the hull and hardtop.
Back