Search results

1. Brian Reiber

1981 Double Eagle gets a second chance

Looks good. Are you cutting the storage lockers in after and are you still going to run a head in the cuddy?
  2. Brian Reiber

Hot stock tips

True story. For a year I thought about my stupidity daily, now I think about it once or twice a week. The sting goes away eventually.
  3. Brian Reiber

Hot stock tips

At least you got out of CBDT. I rode that garbage to the bottom. Life changing gain to a life changing loss. FML.
  4. Brian Reiber

Transducer Recommendations

Thanks everyone, I'll try and get a pic up. I get really good depth recording even at moderate speed . I followed the installation instructions and feel that placement likely isn't the culprit. I'll check what khz it's set and and play with the settings a bit
  5. Brian Reiber

Transducer Recommendations

I'm looking for a transducer for a HDS 7. I don't find the P66 to be that great. Any other recommendations.
  6. Brian Reiber

What's for dinner tonight ?

That's unfortunate. We've already been whacked back to 125 a day. Hardly worth flashing the motor. I just enjoy being on the water.
  7. Brian Reiber

That was ominous lol. I'm pretty fortunate to have Stuart Channel in my back yard. Hopefully the January spawner index is decent.
  8. Brian Reiber

Wow, great presentation. Looks so yummy.
  9. Brian Reiber

Looks good. I was out today and put some more prawns in the freezer.
  10. Brian Reiber

Looks great, how did they taste? My wife and I had a Sunday date day last weekend making donuts. We did fritters and eclairs. The fritters were great but the eclairs were a challenge. We tried 3 times and couldn't get it just right so that we could stuff them with cream filling. I like...
  11. Brian Reiber

The taste was next level. The actual prep was super simple. Anyone can make it.
  12. Brian Reiber

Venison wellington. I sous vide the back strap at 128 degrees for 6 hours then prepared the Wellington. The result was heavenly. It was a perfect medium when I first cut into it but it continued to cook before eating. Things I would change: 1. Shorten the sous vide time or don't bother at...
  13. Brian Reiber

Venison snack sticks, pizza pepperoni, and summer sausage.
  14. Brian Reiber

Thanks to a good hunt this weekend tonight's dinner: Venison soup and a modified Reuben from the pastrami I made a week or so ago.
  15. Brian Reiber

Looks intriguing. Sorry to my show my ignorance but what is it?
  16. Brian Reiber

Looks great. I absolutely love this thread. I've learned so much and tried many new ideas as a result of the group. Cheers, Brian
  17. Brian Reiber

It's Bacon and Pastrami day in my early Xmas gift.
  18. Brian Reiber

Cuts of meat on sale

Yes, those are great deals. They do it on pork as well. Last spring I was able to get pork loins for about $1.85 /lb by picking the smallest ones.
  19. Brian Reiber

Cuts of meat on sale

How come Costco never gets any love here in the brisket department lol? I detest the Costco crowds but their beef is great (at last to my palate) and the price is consistent. AAA beef brisket is always $10.99/kg ($4.99/lb). I picked up a case of brisket today it was 28kg for $301.06...
Back