Search results

1. N

Waves/Swell height and spacing for fishing

Good afternoon gents. Curious how some of you approach the forecasts when your headed out fishing and what your experience is in different “conditions”. I am hoping to head 5-10 Miles offshore next week on the WCVI. If a forecast (windy.com) is calling for 1.1m wave height and 1m swell with a...
  2. N

Winter Harbour - Where to launch?

Hi guys, Have a trip planned in July and will be trailering our boat from South Island. Wondering if I am best to launch and keep our vehicle and trailer in port alice or coal harbour? Any experience and recommendations? Thx
  3. N

17.5ft Malibu Tyee Kicker Size

Hi folks, Looking for some advice. I am upgrading my 1994 merc 9.9 kicker with a new Merc 8hp. When I measure my 1994 merc kicker the leg length is 22.5in. An extra long leg seems too long on this boat but seems my old 1994 is right in the middle between a long and extra long leg… Does anyone...
  4. N

Cannon Balls Wanted - Vancouver Area

Looking for 4 15lb cannon balls with fins in the lower-mainland area. Anyone guys pouring their own for a reasonable price? Cheers, Nug
  5. N

Winter Harbour Lings

I fished Winter Harbour towards the end of July last summer for 3 days. We had a great time enjoying the little community and met some great folks. Our favorite fish to eat are ling cod so we spent a long time targeting them. We fished 12oz swim jigs primarily tipped with salmon bellies and did...
  6. N

Kicker for my 17.5 DE

Hey fellas, I want to get a new kicker on my 17.5ft Double Eagle. Currently I have a 1994 9.9 merc and it’s loud and absolutely drinks the fuel. Debating on the following: 8hp Merc 9.9 Merc High Thrust Pro Kicker 9.9 Merc Regular Any thoughts or opinions? Anyone with similar boat. Also was...
  7. N

Sunshine Coast Water Taxi

Wondering if there are any options for a water taxi service to Nelson Island? Hoping to get to a friends cabin next summer. About a 4-5 mile boat ride from Madeira Park.
  8. N

Bamfield Freezer Space

Hi guys. I have an extended stay in bamfield this August with a group of friends and 2 boats. Our rental house only has a small 3.5cubic foot freezer. We normally process and vaccuum pack on site so keeping the vac bags on ice for 6 days will not work. Anywhere I can rent a freezer? Any ideas ...
  9. N

Troll Master Pro 2 SOLD

Practically brand new Troll Master Pro 2 with the following: -Ball mount with bracket -New servo -New TM201HWKIT kit Over $600 new if you were to purchase this. Asking $300. Send me a PM and I can provide you with photos if needed. Thank, Nugget
  10. N

Bamfield Theft

Hello friends, I am boating to bamfield this August and rented a cabin down grappler. Has anyone had any problem about people stealing gear/riggers from boats? Safe to leave my rods and riggers on the boat during the night or should I bring them into the cabin. Cheers
  11. N

Scotty 1106 Downriggers

Selling 2 Scotty 1106 Downriggers. Good working condition last serviced in 2019. Used a handful of times since. One rigger does not have the boom rod holder as it broke. 200ft of cable on one and 300ft on the other. $620 for both. Price is firm. Located in Portmoody. Thanks
  12. N

Abel Mooching Reels

Hey guys, Selling my last two Abel mooching reels. I am going to upgrade and get some color matched ones to my boat! One reel has been used maybe 50 days. The other reel has been used maybe 20-30 days. Both are in excellent condition. Asking $1100 for the pair. Nugget
  13. N

Abel Mooching reels

sold
  14. N

Angling in Sooke - August

Hey guys! Curious over the years what percentage of Chinook you retain are less than the 80cm slot limit (for the sooke area).
  15. N

Alberni Inlet

In August I will be running from Bamfield to Port Alberni around 1pm in my 17.5ft DE. I typically only do it in the morning and have never boated the inlet in the afternoon....can it get pretty nasty in the afternoon or should I be fairly safe? Thoughts ?
  16. N

Renovated kingfisher lodge bamfield

The updates online look pretty decent! Anyone seen the lodge first hand? Thinking about booking a few nights.
  17. N

Sooke to Barkley Sound

Hey guys! Myself and a couple mates will be fishing out of Sooke for 3-4 days in August then have 4 nights booked in bamfield right after. We are in a 17.5ft double eagle with a new 115hp and I was hoping to drive the boat from Sooke - Bamfield if the winds are low....rather than trailering the...
  18. N

Radar Reflector

Hi guys, I am in the market for a radar reflector. I have a 17.5ft Malibu Tyee and would like to see a little more safe out in the fog. Any recommendations? Anyone have any interesting mounting locations/techniques? Cheers
  19. N

Port Alberni to Bamfield

Hey guys staying in bamfield for 6 nights and looking at options where to park my vehicle and trailer overnight. I know there is a launch in town and China Creek offers trailer and vehicle parking for $15 a night. I have a 18ft Fiberglass....what facility do you guys use for overnight parking ...
  20. N

Trophy titan 4110 mooching rods

One is brand new one has been used a dozen times. Lifetime warranty 300$ for the pair. PM me if interested Thanks
Back