Search results

1. N

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Weird. Windy has is being fairly calm off Bowen this AM less than 10kn and small seas.
  2. N

Waves/Swell height and spacing for fishing

Thanks for the input everyone. We’ll poke our head out offshore and see how it is. I have fished Swiftsure, Rats Nose, and Celestial reef in my vessel so lots of offshore experience.
  3. N

2023 Winter Harbour Reports

Heard the inshore fishing has slowed down in a big way. Hopefully another wave comes in.
  4. N

Waves/Swell height and spacing for fishing

Good afternoon gents. Curious how some of you approach the forecasts when your headed out fishing and what your experience is in different “conditions”. I am hoping to head 5-10 Miles offshore next week on the WCVI. If a forecast (windy.com) is calling for 1.1m wave height and 1m swell with a...
  5. N

2023 Winter Harbour Reports

That’s awesome after hours. Hoping squid will still be there in 10 days when I am up!
  6. N

rockfish id help

Copper 100%
  7. N

2023 Port Hardy Reports

Where do Hardy guys call “Jurassic Park”? I have heard guys call Frederiksen Pt Jurassic park but I always thought it was more East Mark Peddlington used the phrase lots in an episode a few years ago.
  8. N

Winter Harbour - Where to launch?

Thanks for the info. Launching in port alice would also avoid the Quatsino narrows. Interesting everyone uses coal harbour!
  9. N

Winter Harbour - Where to launch?

Hi guys, Have a trip planned in July and will be trailering our boat from South Island. Wondering if I am best to launch and keep our vehicle and trailer in port alice or coal harbour? Any experience and recommendations? Thx
  10. N

17.5ft Malibu Tyee Kicker Size

Interesting. I agree there is more than enough room. My current kicker is mounted right on the transom however, I feel it sits too low and when there is two people in the back corner it goes low in the water and bogs down. I think I want a small straight transom mount so the kicker sits a few...
  11. N

Great info thanks. Curious if your kicker sits right on the transom or do you have a bracket or straight transom mount?
  12. N

Hi folks, Looking for some advice. I am upgrading my 1994 merc 9.9 kicker with a new Merc 8hp. When I measure my 1994 merc kicker the leg length is 22.5in. An extra long leg seems too long on this boat but seems my old 1994 is right in the middle between a long and extra long leg… Does anyone...
  13. N

Cannon Balls Wanted - Vancouver Area

Looking for 4 15lb cannon balls with fins in the lower-mainland area. Anyone guys pouring their own for a reasonable price? Cheers, Nug
  14. N

Winter Harbour Lings

Nice work gents! I will try some deeper water next year. Maybe just an off trip also, as it looks like guys do well shallow also.
  15. N

Winter Harbour Lings

I fished Winter Harbour towards the end of July last summer for 3 days. We had a great time enjoying the little community and met some great folks. Our favorite fish to eat are ling cod so we spent a long time targeting them. We fished 12oz swim jigs primarily tipped with salmon bellies and did...
  16. N

Kicker for my 17.5 DE

Thanks Profisher. A new 9.9 is only 17lbs heavier so I don’t think it should be a huge difference. I may install a kicker bracket also.
  17. N

Kicker for my 17.5 DE

Hey fellas, I want to get a new kicker on my 17.5ft Double Eagle. Currently I have a 1994 9.9 merc and it’s loud and absolutely drinks the fuel. Debating on the following: 8hp Merc 9.9 Merc High Thrust Pro Kicker 9.9 Merc Regular Any thoughts or opinions? Anyone with similar boat. Also was...
  18. N

2022 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

I really hope some fish show up soon. It has been an absolute grind on the inside for a Chinook over 10lbs.
  19. N

2021 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Curious if anyone has heard the story behind the drowning?
  20. N

Sunshine Coast Water Taxi

Wondering if there are any options for a water taxi service to Nelson Island? Hoping to get to a friends cabin next summer. About a 4-5 mile boat ride from Madeira Park.
Back