Search results

1. Kita Carol

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Was out at fisheries behind the freighters WVan yesterday from 1030 to 230 - caught a big pink and a coho, and released a little pink. Nothing on chovies, finally a black & green spoon with lemon lime flasher worked. Had 2 guests on board and they were thrilled to catch any salmon :) and...
  2. Kita Carol

Fished WVan 3pm to 530, no action until tide change behind freighters near fisheries with big Chinook and a little pink double header. It was my partner Sue's 2nd time Chinook fishing and she picked the flasher & spoon, & played this 18lb, 79 cm chunky great while I played and landed my little...
  3. Kita Carol

What is pink gear? I've never fished for them as I much prefer Coho & Chinook.
  4. Kita Carol

Sue & I cruised by Cowen & Cape Roger Curtis then decided to just put a crab trap down in Tunstall...no bites. Lovely coming back thru English Bay by 6pm, too lumpy to fish of Bowen at all today.. Star is at Burrard Yacht Club for the summer, maybe see you out by HITW next weekend! Still...
  5. Kita Carol

Electric motor suggestions for inflatable dinghy?

Hi there - I have a 7'6" Lightspeed inflatable dinghy I keep on the roof of my 28' Kingfisher and am thinking about getting an electric motor for 'Little Star' - rating for it is 5hp, and there's a 3hp equivalent in Abbotsford that may work. Others talk about 45 or 55 foot pounds of torque...
  6. Kita Carol

Quicksilver inflatables? Yes or No?

no, however I bought a 7.5' Lightspeed from Harbour Chandler a few years ago and it's I think 60lbs and I'm able to haul it onto the roof of my 28' Kingfisher Destination. Tie it down between the rails. I am thinking about getting a small electric motor for it as I'm concerned about wind...
  7. Kita Carol

Inflatable dinghy motor suggestions?

I have a 7.5' inflatable dinghy on the roof of my 28' Kingfisher, and am considering getting a motor for it as I plan to join a flotilla of boats up to the Broughtons in June and everyone is talking about going ashore to explore various places with their dinghy's. I'm leaning towards electric...
  8. Kita Carol

Action Required - Potential Fin FIsh Closure from Long Beach to Swiftsure for SRKW

thanks for link, I've commented, and will make sure my hubby does too...
  9. Kita Carol

2018 OFFICIAL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Last Sunday we caught all our keepers on the ebb tide... nothing at low slack and only shakers after....
  10. Kita Carol

2018 OFFICIAL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Yes, it was, and tasty too. I actually netted it and filleted it. Interesting there was nothing in it's stomach. Vacuum packed and froze the rest of it. Fillets were 1 1/4" thick! (the fish in this pic was 32 lb at HITW on July 4, 2015)
  11. Kita Carol

2018 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Harbour Chandler up in Nanaimo also has the release rigs quite cheap... they were giving them away with purchases of ling lures at the boat show...
  12. Kita Carol

2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Fished between Cowan and Roger Curtis yesterday noon to 5pm.... lots of shakers and pinks (we released them all), then finished the day with a 16 lb Chinook... all at 68 feet on a Kingfisher 3" with a blue/chrome flasher. Not sure how to make the pic the right side up! Really fun day on the water!
  13. Kita Carol

2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

saw a small coho caught off West Van on Sunday, but it was extremely slow... no bites for us.
  14. Kita Carol

MR3 for sale

Hi there - can you send a pic? where are you located? Carol
  15. Kita Carol

OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

not sure if this fits in the forum, but anyone crabbing these days? I haven't checked to see if season is open lately... haven't been out for a couple of weeks...
  16. Kita Carol

4 hours in the mayhem at the Cap this aft... saw 2 nets and a dogfish. Caught 2 shakers. The highlight was a Sewells rental boat with no downriggers / aka 'fishing gear distribution system' trolled by us and wrapped around out downrigger line. Brought the downrigger up with a brand new flasher...
  17. Kita Carol

lets see your best spring this year

Hubby Colin caught this 31 lb chinook (I netted it) at Barkley Sound end of July....
  18. Kita Carol

anyone try the mouth of the Cap lately? Seemed to be a bunch of boats fishing out there today. Didn't bother going out today after not even a nibble at Sandheads yesterday....
Back